on 10 October 2012
This is the first time EVER I am writting a review (frankly for any product). I am simply too lazy to bother. However, I felt compelled to write one on this book. I am an IT person who has been working in Investment Bank for over 14 years, and have picked up financial knowledge along the way. I bought this book just to read in preparation for a job interview. I have to say it is the best value for money book I have ever bought, and I could start a library with the amount of books I have purchased over time. It literally covers everything about trade lifecycle. Not only does it do this, it covers it in a very clear, easy to follow way. I find myself reading the book, almost as a novel, as opposed to being a text book. This really is a great book for anyone who wants an overview of Trade lifecycle. It is a steal for the price.
on 2 February 2014
In a couple hundred pages it sums up the trade lifecycle and some additional yet important themes (market and counterparty risk; P&L etc). From the begginig it explains basic aspects regarding trading, the relevant "players" in this field and goes to some lenght (3 chapters) to go through the classes of assets usually traded - two of which destined to derivatives and credit derivatives (quite helpful). It has a very good and concise chapter (8) on the lifecycle itself. All in all, I would advice it, in particular to professionals and students aiming to improve their knowledge on financial operations (a field that lacks supply books wise) as well as any others involved or interested in back office activities.
on 5 April 2013
A unique book comprising the essential knowledge for derivatives trading and post-trade processing. A must read for everyone new to the area, especially within operations and technology.
on 19 June 2015
Delivery on time. The book provides decent background for beginners into different aspect of trading and functions of Investment Banks.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 April 2014
A clear, comprehensive and great all round look at the activities within a trading organisation - useful to both those working in or outside such a company
on 21 August 2013
A well written step by step inside of the investment banking world.
Once you start reading this book you will have a
on 9 July 2012
This book is a must read for those who carry out operational due diligence on hedge funds like me. It doesn't assume too much prior knowledge and is easy to read. That said, it is not elementary and is brilliant at explaining the different considerations of the trade process for different instruments. I also love that it covers the processes required to support a successful trade process; compliance, business continuity planning, risk management, etc. Things that I ask managers about every day when visiting them. Highly recommended.
on 28 September 2010
I found this book to be excellent. It is straight forward, precise & concise. A good reference book for a begginner & more experienced.

I have over 15 years of I.T. development in Java, Oracle ( within retail banking, media) but I have always wanted to go into the investment trading sector. But there were so many things I needed to learn which got me discouraged.

I had bought so many books, some were bulky with so many pages, i didnt finish most of them. Usually halfway, im lost.

Then i came across this book. I read sample chapters & wanted more. So i bought it.
I wanted a book that would just go into the basic & the detail of what i needed to know to forge ahead in my career.

Im not just writing this & amazon can check my account & confirm this is the first time im writing a review. And
I had bought around two hundred books from this website.

It is a great book & I found it very easy to digest. Definitely one of the best books i had bought.
VINE VOICEon 11 October 2010
I've been in Front Office / Trading since 1993 and this is one of the best books I've read on trade lifecycle. It has been useful in getting a broader view of trade flow not only from FO but all the way through to BO and reporting etc.

There's a good cross-section re: products and trade types and it's well paced and not overly long like some reference type books are.

This is a real-work book for real people working in the industry.
on 5 October 2010
My advice to potential buyers is to print the Table of Contents from here and look up the Wikipedia for the key topics while you are reading this book, you will get an even enhanced understanding of the Trade Lifecycle. This book could use some more details around the actual lifecycle and could do without extra topics that are covered that are not directly associated with the trade lifecycle.

I still gave it 4 stars because this book has been compiled professionally and may help a complete newcomer to this industry.