on 10 November 2013
Well... I can only imagine how much time and stress this book saved us... absolute necessity for all who go... especially first timers.
on 15 July 2010
As this was probably going to be the only time I was going to visit Disneyland Paris I wanted to make the most of it, so decided to buy this guide. I bought it a few months before we left to help plan the holiday and found it was absolutely inavaluable. It's really detailed and covers loads that your typical guide doesn't such as detailed map plans and instructions on how to travel with a family. It has information on how to beat the queing system, how to save money on taxis and really in depth recommendations on the restaurant.

The best bit about this book was the touring plans which was a bit like a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' telling us when the best times to go on the rides and which ones to skip. Loved it! We felt quite smug watching people suffer in queues for attractions that we had managed to experience hassle free thanks to the information in the guide.

I can't recommend enough how great this book is at taking the hassle out of the nightmare of navigating your family around a theme park!
on 4 July 2001
Disneyland Paris is an incredible place, but so huge and complex it's almost overwhelming. I know: the last time I went there, I felt almost totally lost! However, this book should hold your hand through your trip to the park - guding you in all aspects of the Disney experience, and saving you a huge amount of time and energy.
All the attractions in the park are objectively reviewed for all age ranges, with a lot of insider information and tips on how to make the very most out of each. There's some fairly comprehensive detail on eating places inside the park and some really useful information on finding the cheapest accomodation outside Disney.
There's an especially good section on taking kids to Disney, complete with assessments on the 'scaryness' of each ride, tips reducing queing times for the impatient young ones, and strategies to avoid a lot of walking for the nippers. The book goes into so much detail on keeping kids happy that it even gives psychological insight on how best to introduce your children to characters such as Mickey Mouse (?!).
There are a few little problems with the book, however. Firstly, it's written for an American audience visiting Disneyland Paris: so a lot of the information is written from an American viewpoint (praising all kinds of fast food, for example) with prices converted into dollars, not pounds. The second gripe it that it's very expensive for what it really is - some of the information might be valuable (if it's not already on the internet), but the book itself is only a fairly thin paperback.
But the main problem is that the info in the book will date very quickly. With Disney changing attractions seasonally, prices constantly moving, and with the new themepark opening in March 2002, the guide will quickly become hopelessly out of date.
Even so, it is really useful. There are a good number of insider tips to save you time and money (which would easily pay for the guide in themselves), maps for easily lost travellers and, if you're planning to take kids, some of the articles might be truly invaluable.
You can rely on the book to guide you around the park, and it'll help maximize the fun - so it's a good purchase for first time visitors, especially those with little ones.
on 6 November 2003
I can honestly say that this book is almost essential to your enjoyment of your Euro-Disney trip. I came across it almost by accident and bought it on a whim, but thank goodness I did! It makes very entertaining reading in itself, but is packed with useful tips on how to avoid the pitfalls of a Disney trip. We probably saved ourselves hours of queuing and were able to focus our energies on the really worthwhile parts of the park. It gives detailed information about all the rides / adventures / entertainment available with star ratings according to different age-groups, when and how to do what in the most stress-free way. We were first at the turnstiles, packing in about 1 and a half hours worth of queue-free entertainment before the rest of the world turned up to join the ever increasing lines at one of the busiest times of year. We felt incredibly smug as we followed the well researched advice from the guide, seeing others having a fairly grim time doing all the things the guide warned against.
We even extended our visit by a day, we had such a good time. If you are planning a trip to Disneyland Paris, do yourself a big favour and BUY THIS BOOK!!
on 15 July 2010
I bought this guide because we took The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World (the 2009 edition) to WDW and were impressed by how helpful it proved to be. With lots of promise to live up to, The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris delivered superbly in helping us to plan our visit and - most importantly - not spend longer than necessary queuing! It also had lots of advice from the authors and other guests on where to stay, where to eat and the 'must-see' bits of the park (and also what can be missed).

I'd recommend this book, even if you've been to Disneyland Paris before.
on 25 June 2003
This book was fantastic - it saved us loads of time by telling the best times to visit each ride and the best places to stand for the parade. Also if you have young children and a couple of adults it also advises which rides you can pass them in to when you are near to the front to save their boredom!!
on 1 March 2011
This book was a very useful guide in preparing for our trip. The descriptions of the attractions and their suitability for different age ranges was in the main accurate, however I feel that the authors need to appreciate that not every adult is a thrill seeker. The Hotel that we stayed in (Santa Fe) was slated in the guide, and I feel that it was way too harsh. I was having nightmares after reading the review, but was quite happy in the hotel, and felt that it offered a good, value for money experience that wasn't reflected in the book. There was too much padding in the book about Paris and France in general, and I feel that the book could be much slimmer, and still just as useful when planning a Disneyland Paris trip. The plans section was very useful. The author has obviously had much experience of theme parks and I used the guide every day. An expanded section on the shows, particularly in the Walt Disney studios, would be very helpful. This book is reasonable priced and I am very glad I bought it. A bit of advice from me regarding attractions at Disneyland Paris: ignore the queue time signs!!! We went on an attraction that stated a 5 minute wait, and an hour later we were still waiting! Having said that we had a great 3 days in the parks ( you will need that to see everything) and it was helped massively by having bought and read this book!
on 9 March 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I guess that like my family, the majority of people go on shorter breaks to Disneyland Paris. The reality is that there is enough to easily occupy the under tens for a week or more (it is the adults that would be ground down quicker). If you're on a short break the fact is there is more to do than time available. This book helps you prioritise what you think your family will want to do most, and help you think about best timings for each of those things to get the most out of your trip. The trick, is not to get so sucked into planning a 'military style operation' that you leave no room for spontaneity or just going with the flow - but you are at least clear in your mind what you really don't want to miss.

It is written in a straightforward no-nonsense manner. It is a chunky paperback so if you're going to carry it around with you whilst there think handbag rather than pocket. It is very fair value at the reduced price on Amazon - particularly when you factor in how much you will have spent on your holiday - but if I was looking at full retail price, I'd probably look at other books on offer.
VINE VOICEon 23 February 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Unofficial guides are very accurate and like most in their category need to be bought close enough to your journey to be relevant and far enough away so you can absorb the content. These are not light, quick reads which you can skim on the plane, but well researched write ups.

Some of their other guides carry on a theme for different types of visitors and this is no exception, but they go a stage further. Disneyland Paris is a big place and most people have limited days and long queues to do what they want. This book is worth the cover price several times over for suggesting routes and times needed to see as much of what you want as possible, given the time you have. If you are a thrill seeker, travelling with young children, interested in the food, luxury or saving money, there is plenty of advice here.
on 17 March 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This guide is indispensable for those taking their little ones to Disneyland Paris. Containing lots of very helpful hints and tips on how to see the best sights, while spending as little money as possible on food etc, it really helped us get the most out of our trip. Without it we would have spent most of our trip wondering around the huge site, scratching our heads about what to see next while coping with a couple of screaming little 'uns. Instead, we were able to plan our day the night before, ask the kids what they wanted to see in advance, and agree a plan of action, all while keeping an eye on our budget. The maps and other resources are really useful for reading in advance of going to the park, and I felt familiar with it before we even left home. Excellent.