on 24 September 2013
I'm not a student. Just interested. I was swayed by the excellent reviews from (mainly medical) students. I was not at all disappointed. The book thoroughly deserves the rave student views. I'm not trying to recommend it to a general readership but for those with a keen interest, this is a brilliant treatment of the subject. I had just finished reading the chemistry of life by Stephen Rose before this purchase and found Rose's chapter on the immune system too sketchy and consequentially difficult to follow. The opening chapter of Sompayrac's book is enlightening and inviting in content and style. The chapters were a stretch for me but kept me curious to the end.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 June 2018
I am a huge fan of this book I though I would purchase an updated version after reading the origins lay university. It’s hreat for those with no grounding in immunology and uses some great analogies to help remember difficult concepts.
on 2 January 2013
This book is such an enjoyable read, I find myself flicking through it for fun! With an immunology exam round the corner, I can safely say that I'm feeling relaxed and confident, happily understanding everything I'm reading and ready to face the exam. This is an exact opposite to how I was feeling literally a few moments before I started reading this book. I seriously thought my degree would suffer, but not any more! An excellent, must-have for any immunology student.
One person found this helpful
on 9 February 2015
Tried several textbook samples on my Kindle and loved this one. It's analogies will stick with you forever and really embed the information in your memory. Follow the instructions and have a quick read through it before going back and taking in each lesson one by one and you will do great! Currently studying for a masters in pharmacology and this book helped me out more than any other I've ever bought!
on 13 April 2014
Gave basic information , a good starting block and reference book for someone just starting or needing to go over earlier work
One person found this helpful
on 9 March 2013
This book has been amazing through my studies...I have many books on immunology, yet some can be very complex! This book has been amazing! It's like being sat in a lecture! Everything is simple and easy to understand! I will keep this book for many years to come!
on 22 April 2016
great revision aid :)
on 17 January 2014
Really can't recommend this book enough! It's just seen me through a 4th year clinical immunology module and I would have been lost without it. Fantastic foundation of easy to understand analogies and explanations.
on 28 February 2014
I recommend this book as a good introduction to immunology. Start here and move on to more detailed texts thereafter.
on 11 December 2014