on 13 December 2013
This guide book is very well written and easy to follow, covers all aspects of the use of the D7000. I've not yet received my camera(Father Christmas is bringing it next week) I will be ready to going as soon as it comes out of the Box.
on 2 November 2014
This book has helped me out a lot with my D7000.. A good buy...
on 8 December 2011
Its an excellent book, well laid out and covers all the features of your camera, this book would be invaluable to anyone buying a digital SLR for the first time.
I have been using camera's for over 30 years and still find myself referring to it for some camera features that I have not yet explored, for me it's the bible of the D7000 it's less complicated than the camera's own manual and worth every penny.
VINE VOICEon 25 April 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being an amateur photographer and having an interest in cameras such as the Nikon D7000, I became aware of this book and thought it a good idea to have a field guide about a camera that is top of the range and would be a very expensive purchase for most people. The book is a pleasure to read from cover to cover and also just to dip in to. J. Dennis Thomas is both a noted freelance photographer (of many years experience) and author. The book explains the mysteries of this type of camera so well that it draws you to ultimately owning one. ( Not yet- I hasten to add! ) Having recently dabbled in SLR photography I found the book to be a very useful read. It is packed with tips and advice that any layman can follow and could be applied to other cameras also. Their is a good glossary of photographic terms, a decent index and a free colour card also- the use of this card is very well explained and could be used with other cameras. From what I have learned from this book, the Nikon D7000 is a superb camera and the book about it is excellent.
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As these reviews are supposed to reflect our personal views on products, I'm happy to address just that.

The Digital Field Guides are IMO invaluable. I've been a fan since getting my first Nikon DSLR (a D50 model) and have recommended them to others as being the right balance between simple to follow and technically valuable to the amateur enthusiast. The D7000 is one of Nikon's newest models, and the guide publishers will probably have been sent a test model to be able to put this well produced book out so quickly.

The book itself is roughly A4 in size, and isn't bulky or heavy so it'll fit into an average camera bag, And that's where it should live. Nikon's user manuals are sometimes a tough read, and this book is almost like a Rosetta stone to get the best from your camera. Complex functions explained clearly without insulting your intelligence or burying you in jargon.

For my money the best series of camera manuals you can get, and that will extend to the other brands they cover. Consistently good and invaluable for the amateur photographer.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 April 2011
Being a relative newcomer to this level of camera I found the book useful. Not only for the camera itself, but plenty of general tips on photography, lighting, lenses, flashes and more.

I bought the kindle edition, found it easy to read, although I will need to go back over a couple of chapters that just seemed to have too much technical info in them about formulas etc.

Recommend as good value for money.
on 22 September 2013
As the Nikon D7000 can be a bit technical to a beginner, I found this guide a great aid in getting to gripes with this fantastic camera. I would recommend it to anyone with this camera
on 1 September 2014
don't know I bought it for someone else
VINE VOICEon 20 April 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a fine book and whether or not you're familiar with Nikon cameras, this publication will help you get to grips with your new purchase.

The author has created a step by step guide toward the beginning which will be very similar to reading the camera guide from Nikon that came with your camera. However, from chapter 8 the author produces chapters that concentrate on specific shooting environments such as sports, events, night and low light photography etc demonstrating admirably, that the camera has versatility.

And whilst I don't own a D7000, I found the author described the buttons and functions within the camera in a way that made it easy to comprehend.

To clarify, I used a D7000 for two weeks and found the camera very accomplished at what I needed it to do. Some of the functions, video recording for example, are not ones I use and so can't pass comment on the books accuracy. Never the less, it takes nothing away from the bulk of the book providing information that certainly beginners will find helpful. The latter section in particular provides information for certain shooting situations. A complete beginner may find those suggestions helpful.

If the D7000 is a camera you do or plan to own then this book will help you understand just how versatile a tool it is, though as a 'field guide', perhaps a touch too large and heavy for that role. Bare in mind that any book is nothing more than an aid, to truly understand this or any camera charge the battery and go and take some photographs.
1515 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse