on 10 March 2017
have learned so much more, I am new to singing.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 September 2017
Good book for the basic tips
on 9 April 2016
The CD was missing so it wasn't as useful as I'd hoped. It wasn't sold as being in new condition, but the missing CD wasn't made clear.
on 18 April 2013
Book & CD great. Nice easily understood text. Logical lessons and exercises and used in conjunction with the CD very useful.
1st one had to be returned as the CD was faulty but Amazons system for returns and replacements is excellent.
on 14 August 2017
Bought for son - I'm not clear what was 'dummy' like about the treatment, because it was 10 miles over my head for anything I could possibly hope to achieve - but that's jsut me, I'll make a video for here if you need a laugh.

It was a great browse though, it shows just how much proper singers do have to learn/train in.

Let's face it, I'm a dummy at singing, and I doubt if I could be helped much
on 6 April 2014
This is a very satisfying book which put whatever I knew about singing into perspective. I joined a choir about a year ago and have been doing breathing and singing exercises with the group but wasn't sure how to replicate them at home. With this book and CD I can practice every day and be conscious of why exactly I'm doing the particular exercise.

The writing is very clear and humorous but also detailed and pithy. Sometimes I pick it up and read a chapter just for the fun of it. As the writer says you can dip in and find helpful tips and instructions but it is also carefully graded so that you can follow the instructions chapter by chapter.

A wonderful way to be introduced into singing.
on 28 May 2015
Ordered this kindle edition and although it states that the CD is available to dowload upon purchase it isnt! very dissappointed. Rang amazon and they did refund after looking into this, they said they would ask the supplier to correct the wording as it is misleading but this was Sunday and the write up is still incorrect foll Thurs......
on 18 March 2012
I have been singing for over 40 years, but still found this book useful, and have recommended it to a couple of friends. I have used it in conjunction with a CD of vocal exercises (by Sam West). The book fills in the main topics which people need to know about singing. Register, breathing, style etc. I like the 'Dummies' format, as it concise and gets right to the point. Also the advice is balanced and based on well-established consensus approaches. I bought it at discount, but even at full price it is much less expensive than one lesson.
22 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2015
Silly and too technical
on 2 December 2015
The book is suburb, the CD though? I can not find a option to download it from the internet anywhere. So I guess it is kind of useless on newer laptops.