Customer reviews

on 4 March 2012
I am a wedding photographer and have just started studying up on mixing stills with moving images. The ratio will probably be around 80% to 20% in favour of stills and when I come to edit the stills and moving images I discard the audio from the moving images and use a seperate soundtrack for the whole slide show. I also keep my moving images really short; a simple shot of the bride putting her make up on or her dress getting zipped up, a kiss at the alter, a walk down the lane and so on. This keeps it nice and simple and this book has helped me a lot in deciding what works best. If you want to use the sound recorded as in speeches etc this book also advises you on the best equipment to use. I am looking forward to my next production. Martin Scorsese eat your heart out!!!!
on 3 October 2010
I am currently interested in convergence of technologies in photography, and from a review that I had read it appeared that this book would give a good insight into its practical application. Although not interested in wedding photography as such I was interested to see how the writer combined video and still photography into a single attractive package.
Although I had already been producing videos incorporating still photography and sound for some time I was open to any ideas that might help to improve my technique. This book provided very clearly stated and practical advice, and as such I thought that it was good value for money.