Customer reviews

on 13 March 2013
I've been making copper foil projects for a while and having some skills, but not being able to afford another course, wanted to learn more about leaded glass techniques. I found this book not only useful for the leaded work, but also improving my practice in tiffany technique work. The only caveat I would mention is that the book is clearly American and a lot of the glass and tool descriptions will not be the same and may not even be available if you're buying in the UK.
on 28 July 2017
wonderful book
on 16 May 2017
Good book with lots of useful advice. May be a little dated
on 19 July 2017
Good book well pleased
on 3 January 2012
I have been doing stained glass for a number of years but have always found it difficult to find a good, all round instruction book. Often they specialise with one style of glass making. This book is very easy to follow and is laid out so that you can dip in to check things easily. I certainly found a number of tips and hints that have helped me.
on 7 March 2012
I decided to start Stained Glass making after a day course in Canada and ordered three other books first. They were OK, but on my return to the UK I ordered this book and realised THIS is the definative book for the craft (in my opinion). It is perfect for someone in my position who has a little knowledge but will need to refer to it constantly for basic information. There are a few simple projects too. I was so happy with it that I ordered another one for my daughter in law through Amazon CA!!
on 23 September 2013
This is a fantastic book. I think i will always keep this for reference. I already copper foil but am interested in leaded lights. This is so simple to follow, work space, tools, do's and dont's, tips. Angles, what to expect and dealing with concerns. Just finishing off my workshop and so excited to get started
on 16 January 2013
Although I have been doing stained glass for a number of years I found this book very informative with lots of handy tips. It is very easy to follow with clear instructions and coloured photo's. The book outlines both copper foil and lead came techniques, along with some patterns for both. I would certainly recommend this book.
on 15 November 2012
As a newbie to Stained Glass, I was very worried about purchasing the wrong book (easy to put me off !!!) as many on the market are filled with lots of beautiful pictures and templates, but not so much of the finer detail on "how to do it"

This book is extreamly helpful (even though written for the American audiance). It doesnt take long to read through as a briefing exercise, but once you have done that, as a point of reference to look back on; as you progress through your project it is very helpful.

Back in the class room, it was quite refreshing to realise I understood how my "first attempt" was progressing and already prepared to understand the tutors guidance.
on 18 January 2014
This book is great! All you need to know to get you off to a good start. I've been doing glass craft for a number of years now and still found lots of new tips. A very useful purchase.