Customer reviews

on 1 July 2017
The Teach Yourself Visually series is perfect for learning computers for the novice user and those that know a little bit too!

If I need to learn anything to do with my computer then I will always choose this series of books before any others!

I can very highly recommend this series of learning books.

Take care
Dave
on 26 December 2017
on 11 January 2015
Very useful
on 4 November 2015
It is clear and easy to follow a life saver for me
on 10 March 2011
This is a great introductory manual for Access 2010, going through basic features systematically, and at the same time introducing intermediate concepts in an easy to understand manner of presentation; however, if you are looking for something a little more advanced eg to prepare for the MOS examination in Access, then perhaps something a little more advanced might serve the purpose better.

The paper is good (not too flimsy, and without glare), with good colour pictures to make pleasurable reading. I would strongly recommend it to those needing a start in this very powerful piece of software.

MP
on 10 May 2012
The format of the "Teach yourself visually" series is perfect for people who learn best by seeing and doing. It is practically rather than theoretically based. If you want to know the technical details about of how things work in Access, then you need a more advanced and/or a more detailed book.

For me and my own particular learning style, I have to say that this guide was just perfect. Microsoft Access is a daunting piece of software for the beginner, and I felt that this book tamed it for me. The guide's format provides different coloured pointers superimposed upon screen shots of the software, with a calm narration "talking you through" each process.

My only slight criticism is that the examples are all based on US culture and geography, and I found some of these confusing or simply off-putting. I appreciate that the US is a far bigger book market, but a UK "tweak" would certainly have been appreciated.
on 19 February 2013
Simple to understand and follow. Great for those not familiar with Microsoft Access. Would recommend if you are wanting to learn how to set up a database.