Customer reviews

on 6 February 2013
Ive been a photographer for a good few years, decided to make a part time business out of a very serious hobby that I love. Found this book to be a great push in the right direction when starting to shoot weddings, well put together with some great practicle ideas,and some nice lists of things you need to do the job properly. Also gives lists of the different kind of photos you need to be taking at a wedding, from family groups to the fine details shots that you really need to include in your final presentation to the bride and groom when they select what they want for their album.
on 28 June 2010
I don't usually write reviews and have probably bought over twenty books on Photography over the last year but I felt this book held everything I needed & more! I am about to branch into the complex field of wedding Photography and bought maybe 7 or 8 books on the subject. If this book had been my first....I'd have had no need to buy the other 7. It tells you everything you need to know, not just be well equipped but also the little details right down to which images are the must haves and how to help manage those that don't get on. Infact I can safely say this book has everything that a professional photographer would need, even if they are an 'old hand' at Wedding Photography. The images are breathtaking and a great source of inspiration! I couldn't recommend it more. Brilliant.

Sarah Paterson
([...]
on 5 March 2011
This is a great book to help teach you more about the whole approach and framework of being a wedding photographer ... its not really a book aimed at teaching you how to take more beautiful wedding photographs or improve your poses, although there are a lot of photographs "padding" the book out from which you can take ideas (no exposure information is included though).
It sometimes feels like it might be a bit short on the ground in terms of information or advice, but in some ways I like that, Kenny Kim covers the key points that need to be addressed quickly and clearly and moves on (thankfully there's not much waffle goes on in the book, nor does he harp on about how great his services are).
There are great summary pages at the end of each section listing all the things covered there like the shots to should get at each stage of the wedding, or what things to take to and do at first meetings with potential clients ... this will be a very handy reference book from which you can glean your own ideas and create a proper and detailed plan of your own to help develop or improve your own wedding services.
on 2 June 2011
I have just photographed my first wedding. I just take pictures as a hobby and always avoided saying yes to people who asked me to photograph theirs, in fact it had turned into a skill to be proud of and then I slipped up!
I bought this book together with two others and all the books were very helpful. This however is especially easy to read and effortlessly points out the obvious, that is the obvious that is so easily missed by a non pro. I found it relaxing reading and full of very beautiful images to help inspire the reader. A tad Americanised as has been said in other reviews but easily forgiven as I found this book to be an invaluable reference.
I love it, buy it and enjoy!
on 17 July 2012
All i can say is from the moment i started opening the pages, i discovered there were many bits i used to ignore of which could have cost me a penny if i were in the photography business. It is very educative and as the first i have come across so far i would recommend it to a friend or anyone in need of learning a few tips while on a wedding shoot out. Since i have not compared it to any other similar book, i will give it 4 stars.

The only down side was the postage service.I was angered by paying for it to be delivered next day as stated by the supplier, only to be delivered after 3 days even after paying a hefty £8 for the express service.
on 3 November 2010
This book does contain some good advice which I picked up on. Some great pictures too which are good examples. Some checklist detail is quite simplistic and obvious, but then again it's easy to forget the obvious. But other detail is quite essential.

It is quite highly Americanised (see what I did with the 's'? :) which means that the links to suppliers provided are of course in the US and some of the cultural or order of weddings might seem a little out of place to other people, even of the same religion.

I'd recommend it to upcoming wedding photographers but perhaps it's not aimed at seasoned wedding photographers.
on 27 January 2012
I purchased this book to help with planning to take photo's for a family wedding. It's my first time taking a wedding although I have been taking photo's for a while. It's a good book with plenty of ideas and lists of what you need to shots to take. The book takes you through the day from getting ready to the end of the day. Equipment is reccomended and suggestions of what to take/advice on what has went well and what went wrong which is invaluable with not having done a wedding before.
on 2 May 2013
Supose the title says it all, lots of shot lists, disappointed with this book. The photographer has shot some nice images (lots of posed shots) but to me the book doesn't do them justice, they just looks flat which doesn't inspire me to read on.

Some useful info on meet and greet and shot lists, but waited a month for the book and this was by far the most expensive I purchased. A bit of an anti climax, other books I bought do the same for less and with a little more pizazz.
on 30 January 2016
A great book for anyone wanting to photograph weddings well. Packed with useful advice and well illustrated with lots of photographs. Information covers all aspects of the wedding day, and any problems you are likely to come up against while trying to capture the dream day for the couple. Highly recommended,whatever your level of skill in photography, you are sure to find something useful in this volume.
on 30 November 2012
Pretty good read but nothing special really and it didn't really fulfil what I was after. To be fair there seems to be little advice in the form of reading matter for amateur photographers wishing to find out how to apply business principles such as marketing and planning. This book skims over these topics.