on 23 December 2009
I bought this as my new desktop had windows 7 my previous was xp,as i am old and grey i thought i would need a bit of help,up to now i have managed but have read the book and it is quite clear instructions and a dvd too this is a good buy
on 17 July 2017
I provided my family friend with a WIndows 7 laptop, so included this DVD along with the laptop. This DVD has saved me a lot of time and effort and my family friend hasn't bugged me since.
on 5 August 2017
Good, but, it now assumes a level of knowledge of technical terms and understanding of computing
on 27 June 2013
book and cd very informative, still have plenty to read and learn explains in terms I can understand and not the usual lingo
on 25 January 2010
This book was, as always, invaluable to me. I have used them all through each operating system and never been disappointed. This one had the added bonus of a video and it came at the best price I have ever had on one of these Dummies books.Windows 7 for Dummies Book and DVD Bundle
on 20 March 2010
What a useful book. Without this book i would never in my life had got around to discovering what windows 7 does. Money well spent and from Amazon it's a small amount anyway.Even little tips like press Ctrlm and the + sign to enlarge the screen were so helpful. A must buy when you go to windows 7.
on 24 November 2010
I found this book helpful in making the transition from Windows XP to Windows 7. There are a lot of differences which are not easily managed without some guide. The DVD I found less helpful.
on 12 January 2010
found this book and dvd really helpful in setting up my new computer great stuff well worth the money
on 24 July 2010
A very helpful and informative book for someone like me, having not touched a computer for over 10 years. It has proved invaluable as it's the type of book you use when problems occur - it solves them in minutes and points you in the right direction. Thanks to this purchase I am learning new things all the time and it is constantly in use!
on 22 November 2009
The book is very informative, easy to read and understand, even for people of my age (71yrs). It helped me greatly after upgrading from the disasterous Vista system.