on 22 July 2017
Very Good useful Cookbook.
on 15 March 2009
Some very interesting facts in book together with a multitude of ideas and suggestions of how to 'survive' with diabetes. My only disappointment was that there was not more recipes.
on 31 March 2009
Diabetes Cookbook for Dummies
A very complicated subject, therefore requires quite heavy concentration at the begining of the book but, once a basic understanding of the subject of Diabetes is gained the rest is excellent. As a Diabetec myself I wouldn`t be without the book.
on 30 July 2009
My partner was recently diagnosed with diabetes and i bought this book based on the recommendations here.

Whilst the book has interesting diabetes facts - the actual cook book section was not really any use to me - I was looking for recipes to help me cook for him.

He is a meat and two veg man, with nice and simple tastes. I only got one recipe out of the whole book that he would eat and therefore the book was of no use to me.

In my opinion the recipes are not basic or simple or something you would eat every day - which is what i was looking for.

I was looking for a dummy guide because i needed to know how to cook, what to cook etc, but it covered too much technical details of diabetes even though i bought books specifically for that.

More everyday recipes and less science
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2017
Just the book i needed
on 25 August 2016
Disappointed that all the recipes were for 4 or more. As i live alone like a lot of older people do, I think recipes for 2 should be included it is easy to half the ingredients but not so easy to divide by 4 when they are already odd amounts. I'm now looking for a book which gives recipes for 1 or 2
so I can start my new diet. The information is good so perhaps this could be taken on board to make this the book what I thought it was.
on 21 May 2009
I bought this book as I was so impressed by the Diabetes for Dummies book I bought initially. This is a very comprehensive guide to eating and cooking when one has diabetes. It covers everything from healthy recipes to eating away from home. It also covers planning your meals and shopping, and steps to take to change your eating habits for the better.
I find these books absolutely invaluable even though I am an RGN and know a fair bit about diabetes already. I recommend this book wholeheartedly.
on 31 March 2010
very good allround book on diabetes - only half of it was receipes though, most of which were very good and "normal". A good first time book for newly diagnosed diabetics.
on 13 October 2010
Thought Dummies Books were meant to be simplistic, for the likes of us non experts - sorry, but this book left me totally confused and swamped with jargon and long winded information.
the only Dummies book I regret buying.
on 22 November 2012
This is the most useful diabetic cookbook I have found.
However, as always, they seem to overlook the everyday English meals in favour of the more adventurous.