Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). See all 29 reviews
on 30 January 2012
I'm an ex-computer programmer and have created functional webpages before.

I read this book to learn more about the latest internet related marketing techniques.

This book served the purpose reasonably well. It was easy to read and covered the basic ground e.g. bloggs, twitter, basic SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)

The book was encouraging and pointed out that its IM is not difficult to do, and to get significant effects you need to invest take a little time (2 hours a day) every day for a period of months. If you do this consistently great results can be seen.

If you are a beginner then this book isn't a half bad place to start.

If you are a pro, you'd be better off going not reading this book.. instead go to a bar and try & get laid as you obviously spend too much time with your computer 8-)
on 17 June 2010
My first impression of this book was that it was low quality. I felt the pages were going to rip as I turned them. I would have prefered a soft cover but better quality paper.

This book does impart a lot of very good information, but it is on a very basic level.
I would say this is ideal for someone who is new to, or very inexperienced with this subject.

Personally I found very little new information here.

My main bugbear is that clearly the priorty of this book is to drive traffic to its own web site.
Books on marketing dont neccessarily have to be marketing tools in themselves.
I found this VERY VERY annoying.

I think they got the balance wrong here. Sure, mention your own web site, but don't keep mentioning it again, and again all the way through the book.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse