Customer reviews

on 27 August 2016
Not a great help at all in fact almost useless
on 7 September 2011
Like all Dummies books on computer related matters, this is an excellent book dealing with all aspects of the subject in depth but with a light touch. This is the sixth Dummies book I have purchased, the first ones being on XP and the corresponding Office systems, the latest ones on Win 7 and also Elements 8. I commend them to everyone
on 20 May 2012
As an OAP with no-one to explain computer programmes to me, I lived in hope that this book would allow me to use my Word programme. I found it very useful.
on 5 November 2011
The book is a great help in using an excellent program. One small criticism: the index could be much better. For example, there is no entry in the index for the word "ruler", surely one of the commonest requests to install when working with pictures.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 February 2015
This has been on the shelf of my bookcase for several years, so I finally decided to run through it. This was a very useful exercise - it taught me that I did know a reasonable amount already, though there is an awful lot to learn – if that’s what you want to do?
I’m not really that computer minded, though I can find my way around ‘Word’ and I have used it as an amateur sort of way for many years! I found the book very useful and have learned lots of ways to ‘tart’ up my documents and make them more interesting. I have also ironed out a few mistakes that I’ve been making for a long time! It was set at about the right level for me!
As the book says, – 90% of the book you’ll never use (unless your into some kind of publishing or need to writing professional documents) and that’s what I found – that’s not to say, that what I learnt wasn’t very useful. However, there were a couple of long chapters that I ignored as it just wasn’t relevant to what I need ‘Word’ for! I need it for the very basics – letters, lists, small documents, I enjoy doing reviews – that sort of thing.
It’s also a very good reference manual. I was very surprised just how much I had learned or fumbled my way through – which I guess is how we all learn if you haven’t a tutor?
The essence of a book like this is that it makes you press those buttons, to see what they do! Of course I had no idea what a lot of these were for! Now I do!
on 25 March 2013
I like this book because it has helped me find answers to Word 2010 questions quickly and without having to wade through heavy techie stuff. This book gets to the point and explains things well. I didn't give it 5 stars because, like many similar books, it doesn't contain information about the more obscure stuff. It does a good job most of the time and I'd recommend it for beginners and people who need answers quickly.
on 31 August 2015
Excellent... up to the usual very high 'Dummies' standard. I bought the kindle version. Propped up on my iPad next to my PC it is the ideal way to get deeper into Word. Even though I've used Word for years and years, I am discovering loads more features and functionality.
on 24 February 2013
I am not very computer literate. I find it quite helpful if I attack problems from several different sources. I have found this book more than adequately meets my needs in this respect and I would recommend it to users unfamiliar with Word 2010
on 6 February 2013
I love the 'Dummies' books for the various computer programs. I find them a great help as I do not find it easy to go straight into a new program without a little help. I would always recommend them to anyone looking for that extra help
on 13 February 2014
Been a help with me studying for MOS exam. I knew a limitless about Word before enrol lung in my course but if anyone wants to improve your confidence in Word, we'll worth getting Word 2010 for dummies