on 3 June 2014
The world has moved on a little since I first started reading dry-as-dust technical study books and commensurate with this change I found that it was no problem to simply pick up this book and read it. I managed to read it cover to cover within a week so don't be put off by the fact that it has approaching 700 pages...

There are no extras and I noted that the tear out exam prep sheet is apparently for the previous exam, PW0-104, yet this appears to merely be a typo. A few items can be downloaded from the Sybex website and indeed there are numerous requests throughout the book asking the reader to do this - the information downloaded could have more simply been included on a CD.

The content can be a little confusing at times due to repetition of information and the explanations were sometimes baffling, but given that it's a techie book this can be forgiven. As with most things in life having a second opinion is helpful and I would recommend Matthew Gast's 802.11n to supplement this one, particularly as HT Wireless (802.11-2012) is really taking off.

Speaking of which there is a newer version of this book available in September, however the new PW-106 exam apparently begins in June.
on 29 April 2009
The book seems more comprehensive than the study guide for PW0-100 exam and it explains the topics more effectively than the first book as well.
The only down side is that my book appears to have been bound very poorly and is already breaking apart.
on 16 December 2009
The CWNA Official Study Guide is the second Sybex book I've bought recently that concentrates on Wireless LANs. The first was the CWTS book. This book is just as good, easy to get into, and difficult to put down. Over 600 pages of really useful information, and a CD packed full of goodies, such as whitepapers and demo software.

This and the CWTS Official Study Guide, plus the online practice tests that can be purchased through the CWNP site, are exactly what you need if:

- you want to learn more about Wireless LANs, including 802.11n
- take and pass the CWNA exam
on 23 January 2013
This is a very good book it was exactly what I needed it for. I have not sit the CWNA exam yet. This book did help me pass another Wireless exam that was Sqa equivalent to the CWNA. I would rate this as one of my best books that I have purchased for my studies towards my ccna and networking degree. Overall I am satisfied don't hesitate to buy. Good luck on your studies
on 11 July 2011
For me this is without a doubt the new bible for the wireless network professional ; the structured approach, the clear and concise presentation and the explanations given make this book very accessible.
The only minus for me is that I prefer study guides to be hardcovers ; I wouldnt mind paying a few euro's extra for that.
on 7 November 2010
There are many books out about CWNA , but really if you want to go for this exam you need to focus on the math behind it
and the structure of the antennas, This book details everything.

I am sure that I will be served by this book in the future.
on 1 May 2012
I bought this book for reference for my Dissertation and very useful it has been. It has taught me what wireless technology is all about and confirmed and or expanded subjects from other resources. It is well laid out and essential for passing the exam.
on 10 July 2013
I'm working on wireless LAN testing and analysis so need my CWNA (at least) to do my job. Not quite bedtime reading but easy to follow
on 16 March 2016
very good and detailed content written in a very clear way. essential for everyone working with wireless networks.