on 10 June 2012
Web Design All-in-one For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
With all the developments in drag and drop software to create your own web site I don't think I have a need for this. It does have some exercises to practice, it has examples that are live on the web and it is quite technical but still not too hard to understand. If you plan on regularly building web sites and are new to it all then I think this would be a useful resource but if you only plan to build your own with a user friendly drag and drop software kit that automatically writes the code correctly then you probably wont get much use out of the book. It is a good quality publication.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 February 2016
Good read
on 21 April 2012
Great book, easy to read, very practical, lot of examples and pictures. Would definetly recommend. Useful for people new to the topic or with some experience.
on 19 October 2013
Well written and illustrated in plain English. It is not a story book but a great reference and I have used it in conjunction with other reference books.
on 28 July 2009
I got this book out of the library and it is so good that I have bought a copy. It is the first "Dummies" book that I have thought isn't overly technical which considering the subject is quite an achievement. I would recommend it to anyone even someone who knows nothing about HTML. You do need to work through the examples they give in the book but that then gives you a very good understanding of the subject.

To put this review into context for you I am a computer tutor who decided it was about time I knew more about HTML instead of trying to rely on the so-called WYSIWYG programs.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone. It has good advice about how to set out your web-sites as well as how to write clean code that will work across different browsers. It is bang up-to-date (as of July 2009) with all the latest CSS code allowing you to do some stunning design with a look that says design professional rather than amateur.
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 July 2010
Having just decided to get into web design I needed a book that could teach me the basics in the simplest of ways. This book does just that and makes everything very easy to understand. It is well set out and an easy reference if you need to quickly refresh your memory on something.

I would definately recommend this book to anyone in my position wishing to go into web design but starting with limited experience to begin with. All in all, 10/10.
on 9 June 2011
This book provides a fantastic starting point for a complete HTML novice to build and publish their own web site. I had no prior knowledge of HTML before I bought this book, a year (and some long coding filled nights) later I have built, published and maintained my own website from scratch. It covers pretty much everything you'll need to know about building your own website as well as some more advanced stuff for when you feel a bit more confident and comfortable in order to give your site a bit more shine. The author does use a lot of Dreamweaver references which is a shame as, unless you can stump up £500 without blinking, the cost of the Dreamweaver program is too high for a private beginner to get hold of.
If you want to build your own website this book is a great place to start.
on 24 February 2012
Very good for getting you started but you need to buy software like Adobe Dreamweaver and maybe photoshop etc. I am moving on to read HTML, XHTML & CSS all in one for dummies which is a big fat hefty tome which promises to be more self contained and covers a bit of programming. Web Design for Dummies just tells you to employ a programmer for certain requirements and gives you guidance for how to do this: Unfortunately I have more time than money.
on 5 May 2010
In brief, I am the new owner of an internet business and required a book to give me some additional knowledge on running and improving a website. As the owner of other Dummies books, I was not disappointed, this book once again does what it is supposed to - it helps dummies like me try a new hobby, develop a skill, or just add to your learning. I would recommend it for people at all levels.
on 9 February 2013
if you have some basic knowledge about the web, than you can use this book but if you are a beginear, It is little difficult to use this book.but it's the good book.