Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 August 2009
This would be a (usually) ok lightweight in its field if the field wasn't so crowded, both on bookstore shelves and on the web. Key sections sometimes don't separate bike or component types enough to be clear, which could be literally fatal, as one of these sections is on brakes. I'd rely on Park Tools website, or take a chance on the latest edition of Anybody's Bike Book, which used to be excellent and I see now is in a new edition.
on 26 January 2014
I enjoyed this book. I'm not sure it was worth the £8 plus I paid for it, but a hard copy would have been fine. I think it could have done with some more step by step pictures , for example when talking about crank removal , it's followed up with a paragraph explaining how to do it- I had to go on YouTube to see what they meant.
This might just be me, but I'm better at fixing things with a visual demo.
Don't let that put you off though, still very useful stuff for cyclists. The main reason for purchase was to expand my bike knowledge and to be able to pull out my phone and refer to the book if stuck. It's happily will do both.
on 31 December 2012
Loved this book, well laid out and written, simple to follow instructions for a novice upwards. As it's a reference you can pick and choose what to read, with handy tips and advice thrown in. If you want to take care of your bike yourself, look no further.
on 26 June 2014
This book gives simple advice on topics such as checking tyres/wheels (dealing with punctures), checking brakes and correct chain ratio with gears/derailleur.

Very useful as I can do my own maintenance without taking my bicycle to the shop all the time.
on 14 February 2014
Good book, could do with more on gears, how to adjust and tweak them. Good overall knowledge, could do with more diagrams to help explain procedures too!
on 3 July 2013
Very useful for Dummies :p It has very useful tips and they really work... You can save some money repairing your bike.
on 24 May 2015
This is very good
on 2 February 2014
As a first book on the subject it's ok. I did, however, have to buy another, more detailed book to tackle more involved operations.
on 9 June 2015
This book is clear and concise and works well for the layman or pro. Could do with colour photos but all in all does a good job
on 18 December 2013
if your looking for the basic book does more than expected, great to use, dead easy result, spot on reccomend.