on 23 January 2017
I did the online course associated with this, so the structure of the book makes sense to me. The course was fantastic - it might headline as architecture (which I was interested in learning more about), but it covers so much more - anthropology, archeology, culture, etc - all of which gives real perspective to the purpose of architecture. Mark is a great teacher & really inspires learning, and this comes out in this book too. Highly recommended, especially if you are going to do the online course.
on 1 May 2015
Got this as my history and theory lecturer for my architects degree recommended it. Great concise book covering centuries even BC of important buildings. Has really helped me with my essays and building analysis studies.
on 21 November 2014
Although this is physically very heavy and the print is small, pale and in three columns interspersed with drawings and diagrams making it ia an excellent hisorical review of architecture from the earliest times I liked it, and learned a lot.
on 20 February 2015
on 12 March 2013
Very useful and informative book. However, the design of the book is poor. Structure of this book is very awkward and confusing.