on 28 August 2009
The bit of the book that most folk probably expect it to cover is only really 100 pages long i.e. editing photos. The rest of it on "organising photos" etc is kind of fluff in Elements and fluff in the book.

It is a... sumptuous... book but destined for the charity bag already.
on 24 November 2009
I am a fan of 'Dummies' books but this one is very poor.

It seems to assume a good knowledge of Photoshop from the outset.

The explanations are poor, the illustrations often very poor and the index (always a good measure of a reference book) lacking.

Save your money and use the 'Help' in the programme.
on 2 February 2010
I had recently acquired photoshop elements 7 and I was expecting a very user friendly document which would take me through procedures step by step. I must be more than your average dummy as I have not been helped as much as I had hoped to date. I will persevere and I might feel better about the book in time
on 24 January 2012
I have found this very difficult to understand and work with, it doesn't help that it is written in Americian. Unless you have considerable aptitude and computer skills the fact that it details several ways or options to achieve an operation I found confusing. Also it covers both Windows and Macintosh and as a result I often found that I had studied an irrelavent section. I am now looking for a more basic version.
on 19 January 2010
I am approx half way through the book and have found it very helpful in getting an overall feeling for using photoshop elements 7.
I would recomend anyone who has the program and is trying to teach themselves to get this book to help.
on 23 August 2009
We have had the "Dummie " books on various subjects for years now and have always found them very useful and easy to use. we have found this one very good as it explains things very clearly.
on 29 January 2010
I returned this book as being 'Not Fit For Purpose'. It says on the cover 'Making Everything Easier', a totally unjustified and misleading claim. Less than a handful of pages in, and most of the illustrations were totally different to the programme. Confusing and unhelpful to a relative beginner in the 'dark art'. I suspect that this edition was hastily cobbled together from previous versions.
Alan Brewer.
on 29 June 2011
This is a good guide to PSE7 because it explains the functionality of the application in detail. It is both clear and concise; offering technical explanations when some theory helps to illuminate digital picture creation and editing. For a full-featured application like PSE a well-presented guide that you can open right beside the application is useful. Something that would have enhanced the read for me is a project section; one linked to some web or supplied media source material, to be used in conjunction with a workbook.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 August 2009
This is essential reading to be able to successfully unlock and use all the elements of this fantastic programme !!
on 1 August 2009
Good reference book.
Not as detailed as others, but still gives you good tips, shortcuts etc.