on 7 February 2011
Tough one this as I read the negative reviews but still decided to purchase this book. For me it's just what I wanted so have given the star rating I think it deserved but can understand the negative ratings too. I knew nothing about how to build a website so for me this has helped no end as I have had to start from the bottom upwards. If you're like me and know very little about building a website then this is the book for you...
on 17 September 2009
The book contains a lot of basic information and leads you step by step to build your web site. You don't have to read every page. You can just jump into the sections you need to read.
on 12 July 2010
This book is no good for the novice that wants to build a website.
In fact it shouldn't be called "Building web sites", but instead "Get someone else to build your site!".
I found more information looking on youtube and w3schools sites.
Don't waste your money!
on 27 November 2010
I've just started a degree and really wanted a website so that I could showcase my portfolio. This book has now become constant point of reference. I've only explored the first few books so far but what I have read so far has really helped my understanding and I believe I will have my website up and running very soon
on 28 June 2010
I don't know what the low marking reviewers are talking about. This is a great book for people new to building websites, and it's great value for money - bringing loads of web site related books into one place, just look inside at the contents to see all that it covers. Dont believe the low score!
on 2 October 2009
There is nothing about HTML code or how to use it.

Really, this book is a handbook for the website design software the book it is continually recommending and guiding you through and therefore it is trying to sell. Expensive package.

This book will be of no use to the home users who is trying to build a website using one of the free website design packages, which are very good.

Sorry a waste of money, I would have sent it back but I was away and did not comeback until after the seven days was up.
on 23 February 2013
this book explains Website development very well especially to a beginner. An absolute beginner can make a good start. it's a book to keep by your side when on a project.
on 23 January 2010
If you want a well structured book that gets to the point I can recommend not buying this text. It is full of cyclic paragraphs that tell you if you do x then something bad will happen but never actually gets to the point.

However, the authors are very good at writing pages of information without saying anything at all.
on 20 December 2014
All good so far but bought as present so unopened
on 20 October 2014
good product. good price.