Customer reviews

on 11 May 2017
An excellent first point of call for an insight into GiS. Probably not for the more knowledgeable geographer but if you haven't used GIS before, this will get you up to speed in a simple to understand (for dummies after all) manner. A Good value purchase
on 11 July 2017
Good book, perfect condition not too much packaging. Very easy to follow good guide for ecology GIS.
on 13 May 2010
An amazing book. I've worked in GIS for over 15 years and this book was bought as a bit of a joke. How wrong was I? It holds so much useful knowledge, I didn't realise how little I actually knew on the wider subject. If you're new to the subject or like me, think you know it all, this book might just surprise you. I started reading it with the intention of going cover to cover. Better to 'dip in' and read what you need. A book to definately have on your shelf.
on 23 March 2015
Wanted something to introduce me to GIS after starting a new job. Content was okay but got bored, so only read half.
on 23 July 2012
Overall I found the book to be good as it explains what the main features of GIS are as well as where you can go to source things. However, if you require a step by step guide (which i was sort of looking for) this is not the book for you. If such instructions were added, the book would definately receive 5 stars. However, still a very good / useful book nonetheless.
on 17 October 2013
Very useful to undesrstand ArcGis and to start working with the software. Simple language. Useful not only for beginners but also for people that are already familar with ArcGis.
on 29 December 2011
Bought this to help me in my geography degree course. Really coming in handy. Full of useful info, easy to understand. Great reference book.
on 16 September 2015
Bought for son whos at uni.Hes found it very helpful and is pleased with it.
on 10 July 2012
I am working on my thesis right now and for it I had to learn ArcGIS 9.3 and I tought that this book will help but it is too basic from my point of view. I have started to read it and i was going nowhere so I turned to the ESRI tutorial books that helped a lot better. The Dummies book dosen't explain showing the picture of how to actually do it it's just text and that from my point of view it isn't helpful at all. If you are the type that learns visually I wouldn't buy this.
on 9 October 2016
Very clear and concise book.