on 2 March 2017
Excellent text book
on 2 February 2009
This is a great, straightforward and easy to read textbook. It is not as heavy-going as some that are recommended on our medical course, but I have found it deep enough to get through Stage 1 medicine.

It integrates real labelled cadaver pictures with diagrams, photos and text in an interesting, manageable way. Even difficult concepts are well explained and this has become my first port of call when learning anything new. It is so beneficial to have the anatomy given alongside the physiology, enhancing understanding of structure-function relationships without having to skip between textbooks.

There are a couple of mistakes in the text I've come across (and been confused by)- which is why I'm saying almost perfect, but this is a fantastic book to use and surprisingly not that boring!
on 25 August 2008
Lives up to the high standard set by the previous editions & moves on from them. Now in two volumes which means that it is lighter & easier to use. The free extra book is also a very useful resource. I would highly recommend this to any Paramedic students out there.
on 22 October 2009
I am currently doing my Access to Nursing Diploma and this book came highly recommended from my Biology tutor as being one of the best investments which will follow us onto university next year and he's not wrong. I am finding it a real help whilst I'm working on my first assignment and the detail and colour diagrams are amazing. Without a doubt this is well worth the investment if you're considering going into Biology or any other medical field, it's money you will not waste!
on 25 April 2009
This is an excellent book which covers every aspect of human Anatomy and Physiology in a way which is comprehendable. Some aspects I found necessary to re-read over a few times but was pleasantly surprised that some of the subject matters that I had previously thought looked daunting, are very well explained and understandable with a bit of repetition. The illustrations are particularly good with highly detailed and colourful drawings and also fascinating photographic imaging. The whole concept and design of the book and the many features and questionaires etc has been very well thought out and good to know that both the editors have taken students requests and ideas into consideration when designing and updating the book. I particularly like the I-pod facility which allows you do download all the relevant information so that you can 'walk and learn' at the same time!
on 7 November 2010
I'm a first year studying Physiotherapy, this text book covers almost all anatomy, neurology and biomechanics needed and is very useful for the course, for its price the topics covered and in the depth they are this is an appsolute bargain and i would recommend to anyone doing Physiotherapy as a degree, I also found amazon to be the cheapest seller at the time.
on 27 June 2011
I am a first year Pharmacy student and would recommend this highly to anyone doing a medical and health related course. The great thing about this book is it can simplify complex and detailed concepts into an easy to read format. There are many tables and diagrams of which the majority are helpful. It appears that quite a lot of thought has been put into the making and presentation of the book. It is also presented in a way which makes it interesting rather than being mundane like some textbooks. A book set worth buying.
on 14 October 2009
bought it because it is an essential read for my course.
I really like the layout and the content.
Haven't tried the online resources yet.
But overall I highly recommend this book.
on 22 January 2010
I purchased this book because of the high reviews it was getting from my teacher.

I have to say it was the best choice for my first anatomy and physiology book, as its detail and depth is amazing.

It is worth noting though that it is very detailed and unless you have a real interest or are working at degree level, it may be more than you need. Sometimes you need a simpler book also alongside to understand the detail it delves into from word one.

But anyone going into this field will find it like the bible to a religious person, you will not be able to put it down, I haven't!
on 15 January 2011
very well presented book perfect for study , would highly recommend to all medical students!Service from Amazon was incredible yet again - Thanks