on 31 March 2013
Yeah as I am going to be working in a German speaking nation soonish , I wanted to brush up on German with less expense compared to taking classes and rosetta stone software . This is great as it has a great book with translations and has the audio which has the German words with English translation .Fantastic .Next buy will be Spanish and Arabic and Chinese. I will get the next level up for German .
on 8 September 2015
For the price I paid for it (two pounds something) this has been just an OK investment. Much of the audio time is merely composed of the recital of lists of words. Useful of course, but one can't help feeling they missed an opportunity to add many more useful phrases for travellers and businessmen.

Also, there is little attempt to assist with grammar and word order.

The audio recordings are high quality and the pronunication practice is useful. I made a list of some expressions from the audio which might prove useful to me, but otherwise this product has little practical benefit for me personally.

3 stars.
on 14 March 2014
I bought this as a gift for my fiancee. I am from Germany and he would like to learn some basics.
When we first listed to the CD I thought it is not suitable for beginners. Far too difficult, sentence are too long and too fast...
I guess it would be fine for someone who would like to refresh his german skills.
on 26 April 2012
just to get about moving around and surving in a German speaking country, its pretty good.

The CD def. helps and the text reference and translation to English is quite good for any one to start speaking some basics.
on 7 July 2013
Have to say not impressed, it is ok if you just want to learn some very basic stuff, after 30 minutes of listening to the cd was enough to drive me mad, it was not consistent or logical, there is better methods of learning the language,
on 26 April 2013
easy to follow directions and the lessons are not to difficult perfect to load on your ipod and follow and repeat each lesion as required
on 13 December 2013
We need some practical phrases with pronunciations when visiting family in Germany, this is just the thing following with no problems. practical basic German.
on 11 September 2013
This is an excellent aid for attempting to learn German. It comes with a handy little book with all the phrases you need. The discs teach you how to pronounce the phrases correctly. Great language to learn.
on 5 October 2016
Excellent book helping my daughter who is a beginner.
Great service and the book was in excellent condition
on 8 October 2013
Don't expect to be speaking fluent German after buying this item, but it gives you the basics to get by.