Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 6 July 2011
It's a good tool to use to grasp a good general understanding of the Japanese language. However there are no words that appear or anything, it's just 100% audio which is quite a disadvantage if you wanted to see the words appear.

Each lesson starts with the English word first such as "Good morning" and then the Japanese word follows "Ohayou Gozaimasu".
on 21 September 2012
I bought this about a month before going to Japan. Too late to learn anything I hear you say? No... not at all, by constantly listening to it on the way to work every day (2hrs each day), I was soon mastering the basics. Without this I'd have had some real trouble on my trip, with it I manged to master the basics, and grasp the pronunciation, so even though I might not have been able to recall the correct phrase when confronted with a real life situation, I could at least pronounce it correctly when I looked it up in the handy book.

The only fault I'd give the CDs is that it would be handy to have split the CD tracks by word/phrase, rather than section of the book to aid skipping back and forth in the car, but then that's more a limitation of my car stereo than a real flaw with the CD.
on 5 March 2015
It does exactly what it says on the tin, namely try to teach you some very basic Japanese vocabulary and expressions. Bear in mind that this is not a real language course though: it doesn't do a very good job at explaining language structure for instance, which means that you will be able to repeat "ready-made" sentences but not build many of your own.
on 18 September 2015
Poor! The chosen phrases are over complex & not things you need when as a beginner eg. "I would like to open a savings account". The translations are not accurate "I would like to buy a ticket please" is translated into japanese as "This ticket please" and in other situations a simple English phrase is made more complex in the japanese translation so you cannot work out which words relate. It does not build up and is a random selection of words & information. DOnt bother with this one.
on 8 February 2014
Bought this about a month ago with the intention of learning while driving. I already had some knowledge of the language but was looking to become more fluent.
The CD's have some useful information on verbs and adjectives but without following along with the book, the japanese speaker is too fast and i found the heavy american accent of the english speaker to really grate on me after a while.
May be better if you have the time to sit down with it.
on 28 June 2016
Love these, as listen to them in the car to and from work or any journey long enough to go through it.
on 2 May 2015
I love it, so far. It is very handy and easy. Perfect pack for a beginner to learn the basics.
on 28 April 2016
Great tool to start off but you do need to see the words written down as well as this helps.
on 25 January 2016
Good simple start CD for the car
on 17 August 2014
It was exactly my expectation.