on 8 October 2016
The "For Dummies" books are ideal for absolute beginners. As an absolute beginner trying to establish a foundation of knowledge for candlestick charts, i found this book extremely helpful and useful. It describes the structure of candlesticks, explains the benefits of using candlesticks instead of other charts, introduces the reader to candlestick chart patterns and this book includes a lot more useful information. For people who already have a strong knowledge of chart patters, i would suggest another source as this book is most certainly aimed at beginners (in my opinion). I implore all beginners to get this book as it will assist you greatly in learning and building on the basic, yet most important information. Overall, i wholeheartedly believe that all beginners should purchase this book. Best of luck in your candlestick charting endeavours :)
on 20 April 2017
As the name suggests good for dummies/beginners like me. Basics are covered shame some of the example images are not on the same page as the text thus sometimes referencing requires additional actions. But overall ok
on 11 December 2012
i found this book disappointing - technical analysis for dummies was excellent and i was hoping this would follow suit but it did not - if anything i thought the author seemed determined to disprove candlestick charting - so having got half way through i gave up on it and bought Steve Nisons book instead - brilliant
on 31 January 2010
As title says a good book to get you started understanding candlestick charts.
Is very well explained and can lead you on to more complicated books.
on 31 January 2017
Disappointing. The author seems to go through all the signals and when the best time is to place a trade then straight away disproves this by showing signals can be false. Started to read this but gave up and lost the will to go on any further as it really didnt explain it in a clear precise way.
on 17 February 2010
Having read the Dummies "Technical Analysis" book, there was a chapter on Candlesticks which wet my appetite for further knowledge. Fascinating read, and I've learned so much ( or maybe that should read "I didn't realise how much I didn't know"). I'm just a private trader, using my own savings, and it is clear to see that reading the information candlesticks provide, means you do not need to be reading papers all the time to see what the markets are doing.
The charts are far better than reading simple line or bar charts. You can get plenty of information on candlesticks from the web to see if you are interested, then this book explains it in easy logical stages that you can reference time over.
Combined with the knowledge gained from Technical Analysis for Dummies, these are powerful tools for the beginner, or anyone who trades and has not looked at this subject before.
An excellent trading aid.
on 29 August 2011
candle stick charting for dummies is a great book for those interested in learning how to identify and use candlesticks, it's not so great for people without sufficient knowledge of trading before reading it, I'm surprised to say that this is a trading book that I actually really enjoyed reading and I use candlesticks in my trading whenever I trade, simply because of this book. Don't be put of by the for dummies tittle, it's actually unbelievably thorough and incredible useful yet readable for almost any one who understands the basics of trading.
on 13 April 2017
Very Good, Concise, detailed, excellent reference.
on 3 August 2011
Was not sure about getting a Dummies guide especially on this topic. However as a newbie to shares I have found this book invaluable and it has given me a real insight into candlestick charting.I have read other books on stock trading but after reading this one I feel a lot more informed and confident about my approach. I now look for my own stock picks instead of using tips from magazines and the like and I'm building up my own strategies for trades.
on 22 February 2013
I originally bought 'technical analysis for dummies' and was disappointed by the candlestick chapter which was far too short and lacking detail. This book certainly covers the subject very well but they really ought to be combined into one book. Also the candlestick book gives a failed example for every good example of a pattern/setup/trade but doesn't really go into enough detail of why the failed example didn't work