on 9 January 2015
good ref book glad i bought it
on 6 May 2013
only goes up to manga studio 3 but skill are very much transferable to newer products ........ . . .
on 13 October 2014
Useful
on 28 March 2016
A great buy.
on 4 April 2015
Like all dummies books I am sure it was good when it came out but it is now well out of date and not fit for purpose.
on 11 February 2015
Great resource
on 26 September 2014
Excellent book for first timers, with some really good advanced tips.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 July 2011
This pleasantly-written little book takes the reader step by step through a piece of software which has changes so much that the steps either don't exist at all any more or can't be followed without accidentally finding oneself somewhere down a totally different menu tree that was never even mentioned. Maybe once or twice would be acceptable, but I'm now finding that almost EVERY piece of information I need is, well, basically _wrong_.

The general - i.e. not specific to this software - content is alright, easy to read and shows the authors know their stuff, but very little of the information for which I _need_ a manual is of any use at all. It made interesting background reading, alerting me to all sorts of fascinating features which subsequently, I couldn't find.

The original (pdf) product manual is actually far more useful in the saddle.

I would probably suggest that it would be a good and useful product for pre version 4 users but one final point has irked me into apoplexy.While doing the away-from-computer reading that I mentioned, I came across a number of features that I felt would be worth reading up on in more detail. Invariably, these chapters were - now hear this - available on the included CD-ROM, not in the book itself.
What is THAT about??

Maybe an update would fix all this.. but come on now, if your _information_ content is available only on a disk, why not just sell the thing as a CD-ROM and have done with it? Why have a CD-ROM at all? The included trial software can be obtained from the vendors' site and arguments about not needing 'net access make no sense as you'd then need to get on the web to buy and register the full product.Because of this essentially dishonest piece of poor-value marketing, I can only, meanwhile, give this a minimum star rating.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2013
It's ok, but I have not yet found it very useful as I have not really tried using the program. Will soon.
on 2 November 2013
The book has never been updated to match the software updates it was written for MS 3 the author has made videos for the company. The boob sould'nt be sold unless specifically requested. I've wasted my money
4 people found this helpful