on 21 November 2008
I bought Dreamweaver CS3 and having installed it found it too complex to get started even though I had previously constructed Web sites using Frontpage. This book has answered all my queries and has given an insight into even more complex techniques such as the application of databases.

I was certainly able to use Dreamweaver to construct an operational Web site using this book. It answered all my questions.

It is good value for money.
on 22 February 2009
I bought this book because I am currently doing an evening school course in Web Design for Beginners. Prior to this I had no previous experience of Dreamweaver or web design. While the book is generally easy to understand and the sections dealing with HTML & XML easy to follow. The section on CSS I found confusing, with examples of webpages created with CSS not always linking with the text, and not enough information given as to how they were built.
on 18 May 2010
Dreamweaver cs3 for dummies covers a lot of ground, i liked how the book was quite generic and features chapters on the basic tool palettes to more advanced functionalities, although there are some interesting references throughout the book i would consider video tutorials and alternative books/ magazines to be an easier way to learning actual 'web development', especially css layouts etc. The book isn't very visual - and the images/ screengrabs that are included don't always seem that relevant or useful, the format of the tutorials in .net magazine for example with step by step visual instructions are easier to follow than the bullet point format of this book..the author repeats herself a lot throughout too which is annoying. I don't think there's any substitute from learning css and web development from another person/ tutor or good quality video tutorials. i skim read a lot of the content, and found other books and magazines a lot more relevant at times, but in general was an interesting reference book, would recommend to a beginner of dreamweaver who doesn't want to mess with the Adobe's help function/ online help blogs.
on 4 February 2010
I had been using Dreamweaver CS3 for some time, and finding my way around the program as best as possible - Adobe's Help System proving to be unhelpful and impersonal. Needing some extra help on features that were not too obvious, I invested in Janine Warner's book.
It is clear, concise and explains everything in detail, leaving very little to the imagination. Fortunately, it doesn't include those annoying Americanisms, bad jokes and stupid comic icons in many of the Dummies books.
As an author of many computer books, I considered many of the chapters were excessively 'padded out' which involved unnecessary reading - sometimes pages of it, otherwise a very good, well written and useful book.
on 21 July 2009
Graphically excellent to assist the beginner with an index, which is better-than-usual for "how-to" manuals in helping us Dummies to find terms and subjects. The language is simple and clear not marred by distracting attempts at being humorous, as sometimes occurs in this series. If, as the title suggests, the book is aimed at not-so-expert users, this appears to be no limitation as far as extensive coverage of the subject is concerned. The treatment of CSS style sheets perplexes me a bit, but this is perhaps due to the complexity of the subject itself.
on 16 June 2010
Designing web pages is a bit more complex than many people think, but if you've got a smattering of knowledge about the subject then this is a very useful book. It's also an extremely good reference once you're up and running producing your web pages. Good value for money.
on 19 July 2011
Does what it says on the tin. Easy to understand for anyone with next to no knowledge, but also full of advanced stuff for when they get better, or for those wanting more. Would definitely recommend.
on 10 March 2009
Absolutely brilliant. Really easy to understand, has covered everything in detail and walks you through it at a good pace.

Deals with both MAC and PC, Well worth it!
on 22 January 2013
Quite useful content, but these books always seem back to front for me. I have to look towards the end to help to build the sort of result that I would wish to end up with.
on 5 April 2013
I bought this book as I was worried that outside of the lessons in the dreamweaver book I might struggle and there were definitely a few things I needed help with.