on 5 July 2011
It's called a Bible but excel is much larger than can be covered in a bible sized book.
That said it covers more than is needed for someone that uses excel frequently but doesn't need to tweak it to do more details functions very often, or not that often.
DON'T FORGET HOW BIG EXCEL IS AS AN ADAPTABLE PROGRAM!
it is very good for an average user that can pickup and understand advanced tasks and the supportive disc helps that understanding, nothing better than doing whilst learning and being able to see one made earlier if your attempts fail (mostly a letter out of place or additional comma etc)

There are some areas I would have liked more information/guidance on but overal this is excellent.

Decide what you need to learn and have a look at the inside of the book (assuming you still can).
also don't forget when looking at the contents pages, they give you at a glance contents which are just the headings, after this there is a more detailed table of contents which I found more helpful.
The book is on the disc as a PDF which I found helpful searching for certain tasks (I know lazy way to find something).
I would say you will be happy with this book unless you are an Advanced Excel User/programmer then I would look at it closely first.
This is a Medium to Lower Advanced user Level

if 5 is medium and 10 is extremely advanced, it sits at around 6.5 to 7.
Hope this helps.
on 17 April 2011
A splendid resource. It does it exactly what I wanted it to.
Unlike some excel guides it doesn't just slightly rewrite the help index.

It is well written and easy to understand. It covers all aspects from the very basics to the more advanced stuff. The chapters on VBA were especially good. After reading them I have begun to be able to do some basic VBA programming.

Like a lot of books from this publisher it does have slightly cheap feel to it and I didn't like the grey colour of the text.

The CD that accompanies it is very useful and all the examples seem to be accurate.

I have found this book to be immensely helpful and having a copy of it can make you the "excel expert" in your office.
on 13 February 2011
As a reasonably experienced Excel user, I needed to come up to date with the powerful features in 2007, and also wanted to extend my skills into basic VBA and creation of my own functions. This book is well written with clear examples; I was encouraged to buy due to the one 'negative' review because I didn't want anything totally basic (that's easy enough to learn by pressing the F1 key). You can learn from this book by browsing without a PC switched on in front of you and it is equally at home as a reference next to your keyboard. Well written and compiled.
on 19 September 2011
That's basically what it is: Excel already built in help system turned into a book ( and printed on very low quality paper paper). I'd guess that 90% of the content can be found in Excel help and remaining 10% was written by the author. I'm amazed how this book received so many positive reviews as it can neither be used as a reference (poor format and terrible indexing) or as a tutorial book (poor examples, bad format, no exercises).
on 18 March 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 September 2013
I used this once and from then on I used the excel online help. However, it is comprehensive of information and a good book. I just personally prefer the online help!
on 3 April 2013
I used to have a hard copy which was used enough to the extent of destruction. Hence ordered a digital copy which would not only stay with me forever, also, its handy and not too bulky,
on 7 September 2013
The publication arrived promptly and closer examination of the product revealed that it was as advertised complete with cd ready for home study. The subject matter will keep me occupied for many hours. I would recommend the seller.
on 15 December 2016
Great book!
on 13 March 2015
Love the excel program and this really helped me to use a lot more functions within excel