Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2008
A helpful introduction to public speaking - some good tips here, and the style remains readable throughout.
on 2 July 2011
As a union representative, part of my role is to prepare statements for a variety of meetings. This could be for debate, discussion, or negotiating with management, to preparing an organised discussion with the members of the union and the grade I represent. This sounds all simple enough, but my role in doing all this tends to be hampered by my learning disability. I found it difficult to speak in front of most people, whether it be a small number to a large crowd with fear attacking my thoughts and speech. This book is a brilliant tool in helping me perform my duties better. It doesn't cure or fix my issues, but it does help me prepare better and provides some good advice when stage fright comes into play. I would recommend this book to anyone just for a boost in confidence, if not needed for anything else.
on 8 November 2009
this book is very good. however it is oversimplified that sometimes you feel you already know some of the points written. However, over-all it is very simplified introduction to those wishing to present
on 17 July 2014
For training in public speaking --- I much prefer Carnegie.... "the quick and easy way to effective speaking".

Dummies is OK in a pedestrian sort of way. A text book. Anyway, have a look for yourself.
on 9 May 2011
I have to say it's an amazing book because it has everything you need to be an effective public speaker. It also has points which cannot be found in other books and these have a symbol which shows you that it's an experience of one of the two authors. The best part about it is that it's simple to understand.
on 17 August 2013
I didn't find this book particularly helpful but perhaps it's not really reasonable to expect a book to be able to teach you the art of public speaking. Perhaps a one-to-one coach might help otherwise practise and confidence are the answers, in my view.
on 8 May 2014
Used as a take away after training for delegates it is a really good basic common sense guide easy to read and understand - across countries and cultures
on 27 March 2011
Clear and concise overview of successful presentation skills. Includes preparation and before and after giving the presentation with great tips
on 28 June 2016
You just cannot fail to learn a subject with these books. They cover every angle and are clearly well researched.
on 11 May 2014
I found it very good but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I wanted something about acting and talking.