Customer reviews

Write To Sell: The Ultimate Guide to Great Copywriting
Format: Paperback|Change

on 17 July 2017
A great book, easy to read and very, very useful! I'm learning so much from Mr Maslen. I'm teaching myself all about copywriting and this is an excellent guide.
on 15 September 2017
Its ok quite small handy to take whilst on the go.
on 12 May 2011
This book is extremely good. Easy to read, understand and put into practice. If you ever need to write something you want others to read (as opposed to file away or ignore) this is the book. I cannot recommend it enough.
on 13 February 2015
Bought two copies of this - I lent one to a friend and they kept it! I had to replace mine. Fabulous.
on 11 February 2016
Fantastic book. Lots of great tips on how to write to sell. Well worth buying.
on 22 April 2009
Entertaining, practical and well written, "Write to Sell" is almost the perfect book on copywriting. This excellent guide is jam-packed with hints and tips and provides you with a well-structured approach to writing more colourful copy. One thing that "Write to Sell" does particularly well is look at copywriting from an objective perspective - namely that of the audience who the copy is aimed at - and discuss what constitutes bad copy.

Ironically, however, it is this same focus on avoiding bad copy that lets the book down slightly. In spite of all the techniques suggested on how to write copy that makes the reader sit up and listen, the book concentrates too much on the avoidance of writing bad copy and there are too few examples of these techniques being successfully applied, too few practical examples of good copy. I bought this title to brush up on my own writing skills and for a professional take on what good copy actually is, but then found myself still asking, 'How do I know if what I am writing is any good?' after reading it.

For this reason, the book only gets four stars from me, which is a shame because it could have easily been five, had it not been for the lack of examples. But this is a minor quibble of mine. "Write to Sell" is, in all other aspects, a practical and likewise enjoyable book and I would certainly recommend it, all the same.
on 20 June 2008
I loved this book by Andy Maslen. It is the most practical, helpful, doable guide to persuasive writing that I have ever read. It is packed with exercises that you can apply directly to what you have written that will improve your copy dramatically. It is a very easy read and can be used as a working manual. Should you buy it? - it is a no brainer - order it now!
on 31 January 2009
This book is excellent. As a former editor who now works in PR, I am always interested in how other people write copy. This book has lots of very simple tips and tricks to make your writing punchy, sharp and get straight to the point. But the beauty of this book is that anyone (expert and novice) can follow it and understand it. By the time you've finished reading, you will be able to write great copy.

A must read.
on 27 October 2007
Andy Maslen is a salesman. That's what makes this book different and so much better than other books I've read on writing sales letters. Sales is not just about talking; it's about asking questions, listening, presenting benefits on key issues and to get the order. Andy Maslen shows you how to do this in writing. Buy the book.
on 28 December 2008
I enjoy writing and previously thought that I was quite good at it. Now I realise how much I didn't know about writing. I haven't done copywriting before, and this book has loads of great information. Although it is about copywriting, it will help in most areas of writing It brings up some very important points that I hadn't thought of before, but are actually common sense.
I thought it was so brilliant that I passed it onto my mum to read, and she is a published writer. I read it in less than a day, then I had to spend the next day skimming it and making notes, I still have about 14 sides of A4 worth of notes!
It might only be a small book, but the pages are absolutely stuffed with hints, tips and help. I have never read a book with less fluff in it! I would definately recommend it to anyone that does any kind of writing, not just for sales copy.