Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 20 March 2010
The horrific murder of Matthew Shepard did not receive anything like the publicity in the UK that it obviously did in the US. Matthew's mother relives the terrible scene, before and after and has produced one of the moving accounts of recent times. I cannot praise this book highly enough.
on 4 August 2010
After seeing an interview with Judy Shepard online I thought I'd get the book and give it a try. The book goes through all of Matt's life including his coming-out and his horrific attack and murder. By the end of the book you feel like you have known Judy for years. What happened to Matt was so incredibly sad the book shows not only this but also a very brave womans battle in memory of her son to make the world a better place for LGBT Teens. I couldn't put the book down and it moved me to tears you won't be dissapointed just buy it.
on 29 June 2014
Judy Shepard has given us her story of her son Matthew. A story and insight into an event that changed their lives for ever. As you read this book, you feel many things, and I hope understand more about life still today for people like Matthew and his family. Judy Shepard has given the world her son Matthew, so he lives on in all our hearts and brings about change for a better world for us to live in. thank you so much Judy for sharing this with us all.
on 12 October 2013
I actually ordered this after seeing the TV movie as I wanted to know a bit more about what had happened. I read the book in one sitting as i just couldn't put it down and it helped to iron out some of the inaccurate perceptions which were presented by the media (e.g. some of the events depicted in the movie). Judy Shepard's very open and honest account of her sons murder is heartbreaking and on more than one occasion I felt the tears streaming down my face. The book itself covers not just the murder but gives an amazingly detailed account of both Matt's life through to adulthood and a brave woman's attempts to fight for the rights of the LGBT community.
on 9 September 2013
This was a very good if sometimes sad read, Judy ,Matthews mother who wrote this put her heart on her sleeve, and must have had great trouble writing some of this, i could'nt put it down and am really glad i've got it. This goes to show that even in the U.S.A. there are still narrow minded bigots in this day and age.
on 23 August 2010
this is a book that evokes emotion regarding peoples awareness and nderstanding of homosexuality and brings it home that we are all born but not yet buried and can through our own understanding, awareness and action bring about change so other families do not have to suffer like Matthews and the Shepards has. It also bring home the fact that i am fortunate to live in a country that accepts and treats the gay community as an equal - whilst in the US it is still an onging battle.
on 3 January 2016
Heart breaking insight into how this beautiful young man was beaten to the point where it took his life. The effects it caused a family and most of all his mother Judy. It talks about Matts life growing up, been the typical teenager and coming out. The "phone call", the hospital, the funeral, the court case. And his legacy. Don't be afraid to visit Matthew Shepard site either.
on 14 May 2015
no words can review this document. it is moving and shows what a wonderful person Judy Shepard is, and what a wonderful son she lost. this account is impossible to put down, and leaves you deeply moved and at times deeply angry and deeply saddened...but to understand the consequences of homophobia, and to take it seriously, this book is a must. The world is richer for both Judy and her son matthew, and is also much richer for this book.
on 12 April 2014
I Knew Matt. Switzerland.
An objective and compelling book. If it wasn't for the stigma still around, about being gay, I'd put it on the GCSE syllabus. There is so much more to it.
on 18 July 2016
What an incredible story. I think the ink has ran a few times on the pages though though no fault of my own!