on 26 April 2017
Yes, this is how we should all be living. Very inspirational.
on 10 June 2017
Very very good !
on 8 March 2017
If your interested in TM this is the book for YOU !
on 14 November 1997
First time in 1973 I read this book through in 2 days. I just started with Transcendental Meditation (TM) and was fascinated by the easy answers to questions belonging to the whole life. Meanwhile I still pracitce TM and when I read different sections now, I find the the same ageless truth as in 1973. But now I have the experience, that you really can change your life fundamentally. This book is not only theoretical but also very practical.
on 15 February 2005
When I first read the book, I was amazed at how straight forward it was. Very clear - no nonsense - interesting - and in places exceptionally humerous. A very enjoyable read. It still seems years ahead of its time (The book was published in 1963, I bought my copy in 2001, and I'm writing this review in 2005). It has four sections - I science of being; II life III Art of Living IV Fulfillment and my 2001 edition has 9 very interesting Appendixes. In the book, Maharishi explains what his TM (Transcendental Meditation) technique is, how and why it works, what the effects are As far as book on Maharishi' TM goes - you can't go much better than a book by the original 1950's TM Teacher himself - Maharishi!!!
on 10 October 2011
Science of Being and Art of Living by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is one of those pivotal books for me. The information covered is profound, subtle and resonated with me in a major way. I was fortunate to have a friend who practiced TM at the time I was reading it (I hadn't learned yet) and dialogs with him were beyond illuminating. The only experience that surpassed reading it was learning TM. Highly recommend both!!
on 4 December 1997
While Transcendental Meditation is mental technique, not a philosophy, there is plenty to think about in this in depth analysis of human consciousness and potential. For the practitioner, it serves as a reference book of experience. For the seeker, it outlines a practical path. For the merely curious, it suggests that there is much more than meets the eye.
on 26 July 1999
Anyone seriously considering the practice of transcendental meditation will find this updated edition to be a perfect aid to understanding TM and it's benefits. It also contains a survey of the unfoldment of Maharishi's Vedic Science and Technology from the early days up until today.
The book was actually recorded onto tapes decades ago and retains the style of the spoken discourse as it deals with the most fundamental issues of practical life and the most profound issues of philosophy in a graceful, direct and simple way.
For those already practicing TM, this handbook makes great occasional reading. The reader will frequently notice some new angle of intellectual understanding about his experience as a meditator.
on 23 June 2014
A great book, very informative, offering a good framework for meditation and organizing one's life and mind. This was one of my first books on the subject of meditation and has shaped my own meditation process - although i don't specifically use their technique given my current location and cost. I would recommend this book for those new to the spiritual path and meditation. Maharishi's insights into how the ego based mind works and how this relates to the unifying source of life offers a nice simple framework and gives a good basis for building on. Worth a read.
on 12 November 1998
What TM is. What Being is. What Life is. What God is. Perfect exposition of how East can meet West. Must reading for people who are practicing TM already, to complement their personal experience with more intellectual understanding.
So often spiritual books are written by a disciple who has discovered an inspiring teacher but doesn't fully grasp the message that is being taught. This is written by the Master himself. Contrast with Castenada, Walsh, or Redfield.
No, it DOESN'T teach the TM technique. Apologies to Amazon, but some things are best learned directly from another human being and not from a book.