Customer reviews

on 10 February 2014
Where to begin? Well, at the start. If you haven't had the joy of Jane Yellowrock, go back to the beginning and read the first " Skin Walker". In this one Jane's best friend, Molly has disappeared when coming to visit Jane in New Orleans. It's only when Evan (Molly's husband) turns up ready to kill, that Jane steps in to help.
I love this series, so much. Each book has showed us another layer to both Jane and Beast. There is everything you could want in here, mystery, fear, fun, fighting (you are so gonna love one particular fight scene!!) and heartbreak.
All I can say is if Faith Hunter wants to write it, I am happy to read it. She weaves a tale that will keep you up at night and will stay with you long after you finish the book. Go on, treat yourself!
on 9 August 2014
I have enjoyed the series so far but, in this book, started to get a bit fed up with Jane's inability to sort out her love life and getting a bit bored with the description of her calling on Beast - too repetitive for me although, if you only read one book in the series, you wouldn't notice! Overall, well written and high standard for the genre but want to see some resolution to Jane's personal quandaries soon and I will be sticking with the series hoping for some decisive outcomes
on 11 August 2017
Faith Hunter writes a good story, her heroine Jane yellowrock is indestructable, but the stories are well constructed the background impeccable and the blend of fantasy and Indian folklore is excellent.
on 12 March 2014
The story of Jane continues. And with each adventure we get the gradual development of the supporting cast. Eli, Derek, The Kid and Bruiser continue to provide muscle, brains and snark aplenty. Leo, Katie, Del and the newly presented Shiloh seethe undeath and vamp politicking while Molly, Big Evan, the babies and the ladies of the sweat house wrap it all in magic and mystique. A Beast of a series!
on 18 October 2014
I love this series. Others have given details of the story/characters so I won't go into that other than to say, like others, I am a little frustrated with the romance angle - she's such a strong character and it feels a bit of a cop-out to make her a bit wimpy in the romance dept. Still, I love the rest of the story so am willing to live with that.
on 15 April 2014
I only recently discovered Faith Hunter, having taken a chance on the first Jane Yellowrock novel back in December. I was annoyed that I'd waited so long to discover her, but very pleased that it gave me the opportunity to read her books back to back. Nothing else to say, except this joins my list of favourite authors of this genre.
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2014
The latest in the Jane Yellowrock series is every bit as great as those before it. Other reviewers have described the story, so I'll just say it's a must read. It can stand alone, but why deprive yourself of hours & hours & hours of pleasure? Start from book 1 or even better, buy and read the whole series in one go!
on 2 October 2014
Really enjoyed this book. As always Jane Yellowrock is strong and fearless. Really loved the scene between Leo and Jane the fight and the scene in his private rooms. This time Leo has shown some caring potential - can really believe it. I have prebooked the next in the series.
on 19 March 2015
Hooked straight away.... love the thrills, the secrets, the twists and turns. The tension, love and anguish that builds from the characters you learn to love and sometimes hate, is fantastic.
on 19 June 2017
What an imagination the story twists and turns until it reveals the whole picture, loved it can't wait till the next - well written