Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 July 2014
Richardson's Greywalker novels are at that tricky point where a popular series is no longer easy for the author to produce. Unfortunately this really shows in 'Possession'. I found myself skimming whole pages - not wanting to stop reading - hoping it would get better. Alas the compelling first 100 pages were forgotten as the story became more bland, predictable and derivative. The preview of 'Revenant' (as yet unpublished) promises a change of scene. I hope this will be enough to revive this very enjoyable series.
on 19 March 2015
This series continues to delight. I particularly love the sense of locality and feel I could walk the streets and markets of Seattle and know exactly where I am from her descriptions. The supernatural elements are perfectly integrated and there is a great sense of ambivalence about working with the Grey - it's unpleasant and dangerous, but Harper takes on the responsibility for the sake of the people she can help - the sign of a true hero. I look forward to seeing where the new Big Bad and his shadowy organisation lead us.