Customer reviews

on 29 September 2003
THIS BOOK BITES
I got this book from C4 direct (have mercy amazon) and it sucked, when i say it sucked i mean badddddd, there were so many stupid mistakes which showed that writer probably had seen 1 episode, eg calling Samantha Carter AMANDA CARTER, duhhh what a dumb mistake, if your over 10 and like SG1 STAY AWAY, its very childish and isnt long at all the characters barely reflect the TV ones and the plot line leaves much to be desired, if amazon allowed me to put a 0 star or - star rating i would, get one of the movie books with danny on abydos its nearer Stargate than this waste of paper
on 6 January 2003
Don't get me wrong here - don't assume I'm some sort of 'Anti SG-1' vigilante - I'm not, I absolutely love the show. With this book I was expecting more of the same, but was sorely disappointed. The plot is convoluted, the characters don't seem true to themselves, and to be honest, it's all a bit silly. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but there's something missing here.
This book just didn't work for me, I'm afraid.
on 16 February 2001
This book is excellent i got it this morning and didnt put it down until i finished.This book is better than the previous three.I really enjoyed reading it and Ashley McConnell portrays the characters really well.However there is a big mistake on page 150 can you spot it?The story behingd this book is top quality and reminds me off an episode on tv.All fans of Stargate Sg-1 must get this book.Infact all people get this book.All i have to say is when does the next one come out and well done Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 28 April 2001
I quite enjoyed the book, but there were too many errors in it. Carter was referred to as Amanda Carter at one point, maybe because she's played by Amanda Tapping?? which I found pretty irritating. Also the second Stargate was said to be found in Iceland, not Antarctica. I just felt it was possibly a rush job. But the characterisations were pretty good (even with a few minor descrepencies...maybe the author knows some stuff we don't!). At least O'Neill's humour comes through.
on 11 August 2003
I have read all of the Stargate books and I have to say that this is the one bad apple in the barrel. I found the story less than engaging and somewhat dragging along. I am used to the pace of the action being a little more up tempo. Anyway I have read worse so as a bit of entertainment it isnt bad in all !!
on 4 July 2011
I wasn't diligent enough to spot the errors, and whilst I did enjoy the majority of the plot, I feel it was really let down by the abrupt ending. It is possible that the editor didn't like how many pages the author was tallying up, and just cut out the last chapter! It's really odd, literally a paragraph to wrap up!

Overall, not a bad read, but the previous two books are much more entertaining.
on 8 August 2001
Amazing! The characterisation was dead on - as well as satisfying quite a few 'Shipper camps! (Primarily Jack/Janet, with some Sam/Daniel and Sam/Jack) A little weird (walking trees?), but action-packed and full of great dialogue and interesting character 'insight'. I would recommend it to any Stargate fan!
I think this book is exellent! I read it in 2 days. A very well written book that portrays the characters very well. A little confusing in parts but on the whole it was an exellent read. I would recommemd this book to everyone especially SG1 fans. It's brilliant!!!
on 29 May 2001
This book is definitely out of the ordinary. To start with, when the characters are awake, they hallucinate, and when they're asleep, their dreams turn into reality, so it's confusing. But that just adds to the story, and it's definitely worth reading.
on 12 August 2001
Following on from the warped imagination of the series' writers, Ashley McConnell has created a bizarre mix of fantasy and sci-fi. Great character references and dialogue make this a great read, a must-have for any sg-1 fan!...