Customer reviews

on 13 October 2013
Loved this!! My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough. Can't wait for the next instalment, please write faster Karen Chance :)
on 20 January 2014
Love this book what an ending! Amazing series. Cannot wait for the next book. Just wish I didn't have to wait so long between books.
on 18 October 2014
others have gone into detail regarding the story; I would just say that it took me a while to get into this series but I stuck with it as I was interested in the characters. I have actually enjoyed each book more as it's gone along. The action scenes are frenetic and sometimes, tbh, I have thought they're a bit exhausting to read, but I like the characters and the story lines and the humour. Not sure what else you need to like in a book/series to keep you reading!
on 12 October 2013
As a fan of the Cassie Palmer series this book did not disappoint, just keeps getting better and better with age.
on 9 October 2014
Highly recommend if you want to lose yourself in an original gripping story for a few hours! i absolutely love this series and it is actually one of my favourite series of all time. Cassie is the right type of female heroine I like to read about. Sassy, loveable and no pushover! The male leads also add to the greatness of this book!
on 27 December 2013
I liked the first books in the series due mostly to the tall dark sexy Mircea so found this disappointing when it revolved around Pritkin. I always felt he was only a friend of Cassie's and did not expect a love triangle but at the end of the last one I thought that was where she was going! No please no!

This was then a predictable story of Cassie going to find Pritkin with the usual silly chasing about on some daft mode of transport! Too much chasing about - far too much. And pathetic Cassie wearing very little - why does she always end up half-naked and starving every time?!
You have to read previous books in the series but also there is reference to novella Shadowland which was annoying as I hadn't known about it. You can get it free from Karenchance website.
Dorian books (Midnights daughter etc) are much much better - she is a proper kick-ass female. I would love the two of them to properly meet.
I will keep reading the series as I do like her style of writing and there have been some really great scenes in previous books so I live in hope.
on 1 February 2015
I've been following this series from day one and enjoy the characters as well as the world. There are times when the action gets so confusing that no amount of going over it again will help, but the dialogue is always on hand to be of assistance. I'm definitely team Pritkin.
on 3 October 2013
Fast paced action but no resolution at the end. Slightly contrived ending. Some random new event gets thrown in as a sort of weird reason for someone to save Cassie's life. Overall though it was an addictive read, you keep turning the pages quite easily and if distracted you really want to get back to it. Some parts don't hold up to logic and have to be just accepted which might be hard for some people. Like any good book it leaves you wanting more.
on 9 November 2013
Absolutely Brilliant. Read them in order otherwise you wont know what is happening. Can't wait for the next one although I think I can work out the major problem our heroine will have to face or at least one of them. I just feel sorry that she doesn't get 5 mins rest. Sje is on the go all the time.
on 27 October 2014
Again I have nothing bad to say about Miss. Chance. I don't know how she does it but she makes me want more and more for every book I read.