Customer reviews

on 14 May 2017
Just started reading this. As good as the first 5!
on 27 October 2013
As an English teacher, I probably should not be reading Simon Green's books, as literature they are not. However, they are great fun, being pacy and written in a lively first-person narrative. This is one of a series of books (best, but not essential, to read them in order). I started accidentally with second one and have since bought most of them. Escapist fantasy at its liveliest!
on 21 August 2016
Book 7 in the secret histories series , this another rip roaring ride across the world where we meet the most evil man in the world families are reunited and journeys to far die mentions are made .

This series gets better with each book I look forward to number eight I heartily recommend it to you all
on 22 August 2015
great book! I always look forward to a new book in this series.
Only thing that annoys me is bookshops in the UK never stock Mr greens books!
on 24 May 2014
You know, I did finish this book, as the world was quite intriguing and very imaginative. But honestly, the writing was just awful - full of the most unsubtle 'info-dumps' - I found myself wondering if it was a deliberate pastiche of a particular writing style, or perhaps a first novel. For instance, the female protagonist, Molly, talking to the male protagonist, Eddie, actually refers to 'my sisters, Lucy and Isabella'. Given that they've known each other for a long while, it's obvious that the writer is info-dumping this information for the reader's benefit - just a little unsubtle. I've read some of the Nightside books and thought they were much better written. I'm puzzled - has Mr Green's writing actually regressed, or am I missing something? I may try some more from this series, but I do hope the writing improves.
on 1 June 2013
Latest instalment of the Secret Histories set and once again Mr Green fails to disappoint.

This sees Eddie finding his family home destroyed and the family all "apparently" dead - won't say anymore for fear of ruining the actual storyline.

Let's just say it's full of Simon's usual break neck pace, fights, blood and guts, etc...

Already ordered the next one...
on 23 January 2016
Loved it
on 22 July 2013
It should be compulsery for every Sci-Fi and Fantasy Fan to read everything written by Simon R Green.
Buy them.
on 23 October 2014
fine
on 21 May 2013
I love the author's writing style and this one was no exception - very hard to put down and as always I was sorry when I finished it.