on 16 March 2012
I downloaded this Kindle trilogy after I was reminded of Mike Hammer (I can't remember where from!).
I read some Spillane novels back in the '70s and enjoyed them then.
Mike Hammer is an old school Anti-Hero
- A Bad guy on the right side.
- A Womaniser with rough charm!
- He wins with bad attitude and good luck!
I love the fact that Spillane wrote these novels before the world of Political Correctness
I have still to read the third book yet but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
on 9 July 2014
The girl hunters and The Snake, two of the best Hammers in my opinion, combined with the 3rd story The twisted thing! Why so long a wait for a 4th volume? Buy it , settle down and enjoy yourself!!
on 13 May 2011
If you want a touch of class, of style, grab a page of Spillane. This volume echo's the previous collections and will not disappoint. If you enjoy sharp dialogue, a hard nosed detective and some interesting clinches take a gander at this lot !! Bet you can't put it down......
on 6 February 2014
have all the mickey spillane books and bought this to renew some. They are the classic hardbitten detective stories that are still enjoyable to read even now.
on 9 February 2014
Takes me back to my youth,great books then and still very enjoyable now,couldnt put them down and liked them all over again.
on 3 April 2016
It's good to see this series reprinted after such a long time
on 4 May 2015
just as i expected it to be a great read.
on 11 August 2014