Customer reviews

on 21 July 2010
This is the second book in the chosen ones series and follows another of the chosen, Aaron Eagle, and his search for a prophecy which will guide the inexperienced chosen now that all of their mentors are gone. In this search he enlists the help of librarian and linguist Dr Rosamund Hall. This book was brilliant. I wasn't sure if it could possibly be as good as the first one but it really was. It was surprising what a good read it was given the usual hot guy, plain girl concept. Aaron was a great lead male and Rosamund was so oblivious it was funny. I couldn't put it down and im starting the third one (chains of ice) right now.

I didn't know what to expect with this series but it is now one of my favourites. I would recommend it to anyone, it has everything - all the sex and a decent plot to go with it! Plenty of twists to keep you on your toes as well!

Completely addictive and fantastic!
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 April 2011
I hadn't read any Christina Dodd books before I read this series and I probably won't read any of her non paranormal books simply because they aren't the books I usually read but I did like this series and the concept. The books are based on the idea that people are born with gifts and that these can either be used for good (Chosen) or used for bad (Others).
This is the second book in the series and continues on with how the new chosen ones are coping since the first installment. This book centers around Aaron Eagle (one of the chosen) and Rosamund Hill. Aaron has been given the task of finding out about the Chosen prophecy and enlists Rosamund's help to do so. I loved the scenes where Rosamund is changed from a nerdy librarian/archaeologist to a sultry vixen and especially the limo scene - lets just say very hot indeed! Another brilliant installment in the series and I like the fact that it continues on the story from the last one so there aren't any gaps.

Edit 27/02/2016:-
I did like the concept of the books however after re-reading the first four books for the second time round and a few years later than when I originally read them, they were not as good as I originally thought they were. An okay read but not a series I have continued with or will probably by looking to continue in the future.
on 22 September 2010
Yes I was really suprised how much I liked this this book..I have never read Christina Dodd before..my daughter is a big fan but of her historical type stuff..In fact I liked it that much that I ordered the next two and have just received the fourth..can't wait for the next..the only reason I haven't given this book/series a 5* is that maybe they lack a little bit of depth/content/action..but maybe I'v been spoilt by the ..JR Ward-Sherrilyn Kenyon-Christine Feehan-Kresley Cole-Nalini Singh-Lara Adrian-Shayla Black-Larissa Ione..need I go on..(I have just finished th 5th in Larissa Iones 'Demonica series..omg if you haven't read them..then do!)But asides from that I fell in love with the characters and can't wait to read number 4..there is a fifth on the way and can't wait for that one either..also on the strength of this series I have just bought two of her previous 'paranormal series' 'Darkness Chosen'...do you know what..scratch the 4** I'm giving it/them a 4.8..enjoy.