on 16 May 2017
I have been reading the A-Z series of SG in no particular order and found them to be entertaining and well written. This particular book has a long investigation into a murder to prove a husband killed his after he was proved innocent in court. The progress is slow with many twists and turns and good characterisation, The end comes with a sharp final twist in a most believable way.
I am on to the next one now. In each book the subject matter of the type of case the female investigatoris employed to examine is different so they are all fresh and new.
on 21 December 2017
I ordered this book in large print as a christmas present for my Gran. The book was delivered today and is not large print. Just the standard book. The description of this book is not correct and this was miss-sold to me. The delivery took a long time and I now don't have time to order another one. Pretty annoyed about this. Please, I implore you, correct the description of this book (or provide large print editions as described).
on 3 August 2017
Can't wait for the net letter
on 26 November 2008
I really enjoy this series of books, every single one I have read has been a book that I just couldn't put down. This one is a bit different, there is just something about the story that makes it difficult to get involved in. Kinsey Millhone is a great character and the books are well worth reading but start at 'A is for Alibi' and follow them through in order, if you read this one first it may just put you off.
on 9 December 2013
love the Sue Grafton books, they may not be the most perfect books but can be relied up on to give you a good read everytime, if you want transporting away for a few hours relaxation and to enjoy the trip then these are the books to do that
on 27 November 2009
Sue Grafton has hit on a great formula and I don't use that term in a derogatory way. She sets up the story in detail and with humour and humanity. Our heroine, Kinsey, is someone who grows on you book by book and does silly things as well as clever ones showing endearing traits as well as frustrating ones. The writing is good with varied pace and doesn't involve tracts of technical detail. So if you don't know the books, this will be atreat for you and you needn't start at A and work through them, though having read one, I tried to do this. Each stands alone and gives you an interesting detective story with thriller elements and witha realistic and sympathetic heroine, and one with whom both women and men can identify with little trouble.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 October 2000
I love Kinsey Millhone, her character gets better and better as these books progress but for some reason I didn't warm to this story too much. Maybe it was that Wendell was so fundamentally unlikeable I didn't care if he was alive or dead. I don't know. Still very enjoyable nontheless.
on 18 September 2013
Another cracking read from Sue Grafton. I love Kinsey and the people in her life and am interested in what happens to her. This one introduces some new people into Kinsey's life but she's not sure she wants to welcome them in.

This time Kinsey is looking for someone who's already supposed to be dead and it takes her away from her usual routine. As usual catching the bad guy isn't straightforward and has some hazards along the way but she gets there in the end ... Or does she?
on 12 April 2014
As with all the Sue Grafton alphabet books they are individual stories but reading A - W Kinsey Millhone, the female Private Detective grows and not only do you read about the case in question but it follows her love life or lack of at times and are really enjoyable reads. This is my third time going through the series as I first had them in books and are now transferring to my kindle and I know in future I shall read them again.
on 8 June 2016
A typical Sue Grafton alphabet series. Full of interesting story developments backed by a measure of detail. Only weakness is the method of ending the novel by means of an epilogue that sometimes leaves loose ends dangling (and unsolved). A good read nevertheless. This review can be taken as a critique of others in the series.