on 26 September 2016
The Snowman is one of a number of Harry Hole books I have read. Unfortunately, I do not seem to be picking them up in the order written and keep finding myself backpedaling from situations I had encountered in an earlier read to previous events and circumstances. However, I cannot blame Jo Nesbo for that. It'smy own fault. But I would advise any reader thinking of reading a Jo Nesbo book, to go through them in order because, believe me, once you read one Jo nesbo you won't be able to stop until you have read them all.

The Snowman is typical Nesbo, brilliant writing, some marvellously creative observations about ordinary aspects of life, a great story, and an utterly flawed but fascinating protagonist. The book is as much about Inspector Harry Hole as it is about the crimes he is trying to solve. Harry Hole is an alcoholic. He is completely unreliable. He drives his superiors up the walls so much that they are constantly firing him. But he is a fascinating character who, despite his many flaws, grabs our attention and our empathy. He has a marvellous brain and a great talent for becoming increasingly aware of the the motivations and intentions of the killers he chases. He sees into the heart of thee crimes and can feel his way through any of the killer's misdirections to the truth of the crimes.

The Snowman is typical Nesbo, lurid killings, a complex and intelligent killer, baffling clues and myriad solutions. And just when the reader is convinced the killer has been caught, Hole finds reason to cast doubt on the solution... and on the next one ... and on the next. Intricacy has to be Nesbo' middle name . This book is a tour de force, grabbing our attention, giving us constant food for thought, and knocking holes in all our conclusions. So which of the suspects IS the killer? You won't be able to put the book down until you find out.

Fans of Nesbo will love this. Even if you don't know Nesbo, you will love this. A brilliant detective yarn.
on 19 December 2016
Love Jo Nesbo books and the Snowman is one my favourites! Recommend to anyone who loves crime fiction.
on 18 September 2015
A thrilling serial murder story involving a murderer with a frightening incurable disease. Who will be next on his list, and why? What do the mysterious snowmen that appear in the garden mean? Harry Hole employs his usual 'sideways' thinking to try and solve these crimes. Read and enjoy.
on 7 February 2015
I found this book a bit boring after it was recommended to me as being a scary page turner. Disappointing.
on 15 April 2017
You can't beat a good who-done-it! Jo Nesbo consistently produces fabulous ones and I Could hardly bear to put it down, so I didn't!
on 9 June 2017
great
on 10 May 2017
Yet another crime story that has you gripped right from the start. Total page turner which had kept me awake reading half the night!!! Brilliant!!!!!
on 22 October 2014
excellent product,very pleased
on 7 June 2013
First Harry hole book I read and loved it have read all his books now and can't wait for new one
on 2 June 2017
Great book can't wait for the film.