Customer reviews

on 2 February 2014
I am the mother of four adopted African children and always looking for good role models for them. Since it is hard to find books for children in Spanish about black people that have done great things I buy them in UK. This is a great collection of books with some black people that have an impressive life full of courage and hard work. Far from the mostly bad role model presented on TV shows. It gives my children a great push to be who they want to be.
There are a lot of books in Spanish abut adoption, children's stories about multiculturalism, etc... But I just wanted biographies of real black heroes! This one in particular is perfect since it is about a black woman! It is even harder to find good role models for girls nowadays regardless their ethnic group, TV is getting more and more degrading towards women.
on 30 August 2017
Am informative, enjoyable read about an essential part of road to Equality history
on 6 September 2017
Very good book to read
on 18 September 2017
A little unbalanced on evil whitey as usual, but a kid who can think critically will still find this book useful.
on 23 August 2017
My daughter loves this book. So much can be learned from Rosa's trials and tribulations. Great book!
on 15 December 2012
Now this book is an inspiration to me, because Rosa changed the course of history, everytime I get on a bus I remember what she did. I dont have to get up when a white person gets on the bus and I can sit anywhere that i want.. Also its a role model for the young black youth today to show them that they can achieve anything with a little encouragement.

America has Barack Obama who is the president of the USA. imagine a BLACK MAN as president, this is history in its making.

And I think its one of the best books I have read for along time.
on 5 January 2014
My son thoroughly enjoyed reading about Rosa Parks.... it sparked lots of questions about black history.
Arrived quickly, good price and well packaged.
Look forward to reading more of the Who Was.... series.
on 19 October 2015
Brought this book for primary school library display for black history month. Very impressed. Trying to encourage school to buy the whole series of this books. Suits year 4 upwards.
on 19 July 2015
My son is mixed and I really want him to learn about his culture. It's a great book, easy to read, great for children - my son loves reading it. Very informative.
on 1 February 2016
My 7 year old didn't put this book down and asked hundreds of questions after reading it, it's very educational and well written and ideal for your children to learn.