on 3 February 2009
I loved the Nancy Drew stories as a child, so I'm extremely biased towards them. Anyway, feeling a bit nostalgic, I bought this set for my 8 year old god-daughter, thinking she might be ready for a bit of old-fashioned girly mystery, and she absolutely loves it! Some of the vocabulary is new to her, but Mum is on hand, and because she loves the stories she is keen to learn the new words. A good buy on many levels! Highly recommended, and still of interest to today's children. For those not in the know, Nancy Drew is an American teenager, maybe back in the 50s or 60s, I don't really know, it's quite timeless, but there are certainly no computers or mobile phones. Wherever she goes for her school holidays she manages to stumble upon a new mystery, and there is just the right amount of suspense and fear to stimulate a young mind without over-doing it.
on 19 March 2017
I've already finished reading the three stories in this book. A few chapters a night is a good way to relax before bed. I used to do this as a teenager and now I'm reliving the old times. It's like a peek at the past. The book arrived quickly and is in excellent condition.
on 12 January 2010
That is what my daughter of 10 years said. She has read both and still enjoys the original books. She tells me that the new, 'modern' ones are dumbed down with a lack of complex storyline - she said it. Quite an interesting observation from a young child. Buy all the original ones! (They are quite often cheaper too!)
on 28 June 2010
Product received in very good condition. I used to read a lot of Nancy Drew when I was a young girl so got this to read to/with my 6 year old, she loves the stories!
on 29 June 2013
This series is my favourite and I want my daughter to be able to enjoy the same series. She really likes the stories because she is into adventures.
on 20 January 2016
Nice book, got it for a present for my grandaughter not had her birthday yet so do not know if she likes it
on 7 November 2013
It made a perfect present and a beginning for mysteries in the teen world. It also had a romantic element.
on 3 August 2013
Great reading for a 10 year old girl as a birthday present, reminds me of when I was that age!
on 12 December 2014
Slightly damaged.
Disappointed
But due to time, its pointless to return the book
on 1 October 2014
A reliable and efficient seller - and an excellent book that my grandchildren much enjoyed