Customer reviews

on 28 July 1997
One fine summer day, Nancy and her two best friends George and Bess are taking a ride in Nancys' convertable. They soon pass a beautiful summer house. They watch it as they drive along the road. All the house brakes out in flames! Nancy stops the car and runs over to see if anyone who may have been inside was hurt. But on her way she finds a diary.
Nancy now has a few questions to answer:

1)Whos diary is this?

2)Did the person who owns the diary set the house on fire ?

3) If so, Who is he?
on 29 December 1996
The story is about a teenage sleuth called Nancy Drew who is reputed in solving mysteries. It is amazing the way she takes risks and follows up clues with the help of her friends. Sometimes she lands up in very tight spots but manages to get out of them with great ease. Her friends help her along the way.
This book is very well written. The story moves fast without unnecessary details. There is thrilling action and adventure, and the suspense continues throughout the story. The characters have also been well depicted. There are a lot of other books in this series that I like. All of the books are very popular. They are very interesting and entertaining and I enjoy reading them more than any other books. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery and adventure.
on 10 October 1998
This book was a very good book. I enjoyed reading it, because you never know what will happen next. My favorite part was when the family members of another Nancy Drew named Nancy Smith Drew were found,so that she could go home. I would recomend this book to anyone who is under 12 years old and loves mysteries.
on 4 February 1999
This is one of my favorite Nancy Drews. The plot itself is fun and there are moments of excitement, but what makes the book special is the beginning of Nancy's relationship with Ned, who becomes her steady boyfriend and adds romance (with some resistance from her) to many of the books.
on 26 October 2014
I'm used to Nancy Drew stories being quite far fetched but this one pushed the limit. I also disagree with a notion frequently suggested in this story that nice-looking people cannot be criminals. In spite of this I did enjoy the story and it was great to read th introduction of Ned Nickerson into Nancy's life. As an older reader I return to Nancy Drew books whenever I feel like I'm not reading enough and each one reminds me why I enjoy a good book.
on 8 February 1998
it was a great book,you were on the edge of your seat the whole time!
on 16 February 2013
I thought it was very well thought out and catching I recommend this book to anyone who likes mysteries adventure and loyalty to others all in all it was a great book.
on 28 March 2014
Good story, not too far out on a limb, although Nancy does seem to know just the right people. Would read it again.
on 25 July 2013
Loved these as a young girl and am now rereading them as an adult, they are still really enjoyable stories
on 2 July 2014
Another great Nancy Drew book. I can't get enough of them for my daughter. She adores them all