on 21 June 2012
Not everything in this book rings true for me - but I would recommend it to anyone who has been hit by loss, especially where there are feelings of ambivalence or, as in my case, a very sudden and unexpected death, which left many hopes unrealised and plans unfinished. A good read, and very grounding just when you're being swept up in a tornado of grief.
on 25 December 2015
This is a great book for those facing bereavement. It is full of useful advice and gives milestones. Interviews with bereaved at various stages make you realise you are not mad and is a huge comfort. I usually get a copy if a friend suffers a loss
on 25 August 2017
excellent book for those that have lost someone close. Helped me a lot when i needed it. Have on kindle and bought book for easier reference.
on 21 July 2016
Difficult subject, interesting book to dip into. M.
on 11 July 2015
This book help explain the emotions you go through after loss and gives them meaning. You realise everything you go through is "normal" in such circumstances and not the only person who feels the way you do. It gives life an understanding again - invaluable.
on 19 November 2013
I bought this for a close friend who had recently lost her mother based only on the reviews that I'd read. She told me afterwards that it had really helped, so much so that she bought it for her sister too. Must be good.
on 24 November 2013
this book is interesting, bought this book after my sister pass away. I read this book, time and time again, very comforting.
on 5 April 2015
Good
on 14 April 2015
I enjoyed this book. very sad at times,can really feel her pain.her story of her loss was so true and very interesting.
on 31 July 2015
Anyone going through bereavement should read this. I can relate totally to what is written. A wonderful help during a dreadful time. Thankyou Elizabeth.