on 23 April 2017
Brilliant would recommend
on 4 June 2013
Apart from a good, humorous read, a way to live better and longer. Simple tasty recipes each with anecdotes to make the point fix.
on 28 April 2017
Interesting book. Full of compelling evidence and easily understood. Recipes are amazing as I've tried a few. Would recommend to anyone looking to follow this way of eating.
on 8 April 2013
Bought this book last September and after reading it became a vegetarian immediately. It has taken until now ( and more research) to become a vegan but I am so happy with my diet now because of this. I feel so much healthier, more energetic and I owe Rip Esselstyn many, many thanks. This is one book I can't recommend highly enough.
on 1 October 2012
I have read Rip's father's book 'How to prevent and reverse heart disease' and learned a great deal. It didn't engage me in the same way as 'Engine 2 Diet' which develops his Dad's core message of plant based eating and makes it fun. The recipes are tasty and easy. There are not too many fancy niche vegan ingredients and I have enjoyed experimenting with them. Rip has a likable style of writing and way of persuading the reader that switching to a plant based diet makes sense in so many ways. I hope this book becomes big in the UK!
on 9 June 2013
Would highly recommend this book to anyone, even meat eaters, the recipes are well thought out and idiot proof! Every recipe has gone right. We are on week 2 of being vegan. Something I have wanted to achieve for a long time, but found it difficult to cook vegan food with enough flavour, so alway went back to a vegetarian diet. However this book is truly amazing, I love the recipes and don't feel I am missing out on anything and feel great for it! More people need to own this book!
on 5 May 2013
A fantastic book. Unlike some commenters, I loved the references to Rip's fire station and found these added interest to the already interesting subject of a plant-strong diet for optimal health. Brilliant!
on 2 June 2017
Horrendously over-priced! Bought it 'cos I'd watched the film and you can't join the 'diet' without the book as they don't share the recipes anywhere other than the books - I should've know better! Nearly £20 for a small, thin book with no pictures - daylight robbery! Has really put me off the whole Engine 2 thing
on 20 September 2016
Cannot rate this highly enough if you take your health seriously. Lots of research in the book and exercises and recipes. It helped me to know why I was moving Tia plant based diet and what to do. Very informative and motivating.
on 1 September 2013
I would heart-fully recommend this book to anyone that is looking to sort out the way that they eat. Although initially some of the ingredients may seem a little "foreign", once you have them, things will become a lot simpler.

I've found all of the recipes that I've made from the book to be very simple and to the point. As long as you can follow instructions you won't have any issues making any of them :]