Customer reviews

Best Kept Secrets
Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 16 January 2014
I have read a lot of Sandra Brown, and she never lets me down. Though took a while for me to download this book. I wasn't sure I liked the premise of the story. But I must say Ms. Brown handled it well.
Reed was 18 years older than Alex. and that put me off initially. Sorry about that, hope I don't offend anyone with an older partner!
The story line was really good, though working out the killer wasn't that difficult. Would certainly recommend to others.
on 29 November 2004
I have read all books of Sandra Brown including her early works. Her style is getting better and better in each book. Best Keep Secrets is actually about a seek of murderer. Assistant District attorney, Alex Gaither wants the truth about her mother's murder, that's why an investigation starts. In spite of some logical errors, it was really difficult to put down this book. I recommend it only who likes the work of Sandra Brown.
on 16 November 2009
I love this book, it is my favourite sandra brown book. I love Reede and alex, the chemistry between the two is amazing, why did Sandra have to spoil it for me and have Reede sleeping with Nora Gail when he wanted Alex. That was the only part of the book I hated. If not for that it would have got a five star.
on 16 September 2010
This is a semi forbidden romance novel with the female protagonist falling for her mother's childhood sweetheart (although her mother and reed were never an item in the physical sense). It's gritty, sensual, sexy and sizzling.

Alexandra Gaither was a savvy, beautiful attorney who finally had the power to get what she wanted -- justice...

Twenty-five years before, her mother had died a scandalous death. Alex believed one of three powerful men had murdered her. Each was charming; each was a suspect. And each tried to shield her from his sins and secrets. But only one of them could ignite a desire as passionate as her need for the truth.

Like her mother, Alex sparked controversy and excitement in this remote Texas town. Now, as she slowly uncovered the pasts of her mother's former lover, his best friend, and the father figure to them both, Alex would risk everything to know their... BEST KEPT SECRETS
on 19 December 2006
This is my favourite Sandra Brown book. The relationship between Alex and Reede is brilliant, full of pent up longing, mixed with the issues surrounding their pasts. I loved it.
on 15 December 2013
Firstly let me say I have read and enjoyed a number of Sandra Brown books however I find it hard to believe she actually wrote this one. Possible the worst book I have ever read. The characters are all lazy one-dimensional stereotypes. They are all extremely unattractive - the men are all sexist chauvanists and the woman are even worse as they expect no better treatment. Everyone is judged solely on their looks. Extremely shallow nonsense. Plot and dialogue appalling. I was really disappointed in this book and would definitely not recommend wasting your time with it.
on 23 November 2015
Absolutely loved this novel just so glad I found Sandra Brown novels on my Kindle they never fail to keep you reading the next page , brilliant everyone is a winner!!!
on 26 January 2014
this book held my attention as a who done it. It was a bit drawn out and I did,by feel the need for the weird love tangle going on. overall it was an ok read.
on 22 July 2016
Good book. Needn't had been so long, Alex is looking for the murderer who killed her mother 25 year ago, not predictable at all a surprise ending.
on 5 December 2013
I loved the characters, the speed of the story and their interaction. This was a book I found hard to put down, well worth the read.