Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 June 2012
So this book saved me in my last surgery exam - because of a pneumoperitoneum. The abdominal RX imaging wasn't much explored in radiology (teachers do emphasize more in the THORAX)so I thing this is a must-have for all med students.
The book includes the most common events to take account for, which is a plus. ALways with differencial Dx and pearls.
It's just great.
I recommend it.
I was not quite sure what to expect with this book, (having found the ECG MADE EASY not to my liking) but I bought it any way as I needed a book on interpreting abdominal X-rays. As a foundation doctor rotating through the acute surgical assessment unit , we all know that the most common presentation here is `the acute abdomen' and a good and thorough knowledge of the acute surgical abdomen is without doubt the most important clinical and practical knowledge / skill required for this rotation. This pocket-sized book is a 'heaven-sent' and very concisely takes you on a step by step guide towards proficiency in reading abdominal X-rays. I am tremendously impressed. It is easy to read, with tons of fully descriptive and labelled radiographs. In 12 chapters it covers every basic thing you need to know about abdominal X-rays
Chapter 1 - How to look at an abdominal X-ray
Chapter 9 - Iatrogenic objects
Chapter 10 - foreign bodies, artefacts, misleading images
Chapter 11 - The acute abdomen
Chapter 12 - Hints.

This book is really a must have for all medics especially junior doctors and medical students. It is invaluable for the acute take rotations like A&E, AAU, and ASU etc. It is the pictorial radiological illustrations that I love best. I highly recommend it.
on 4 November 2013
I am a radiography student and couldn't wait to receive this book, but when it arrived I was severely disappointed. The content of the book is excellent, however the quality of the images are terrible, and I mean terrible. There wasn't any detail in the images which appeared white and 'washed out'.

I checked the pages via 'look inside' to find that the images were absolutely fine on there. I suspected that this book had been scanned and copied to a very cheap standard, and did not come from the publishers. I loaned a copy from my University to find that the images were perfect (well, as good as they can be on paper). The images and text were detailed, and the paper it was printed on was of much higher quality than the one I received directly from amazon.

I am going to buy this book again, but not from Amazon, perhaps from one of their other sellers which I hope are more reliable.
on 18 June 2013
The radiographic images were of a bad quality. The information on pathologies is useful but the size of the book seemed to restrict the content. The book appear condensed and it is not appealing to the reader.
on 28 March 2014
This product is exactly how I would expect it to be should I have bought it at a high street retailer, only cheaper and I didn't need to leave home to search for it. Would recommend to anyone.
on 18 April 2014
Whilst the text is good, the quality of the images is so poor as to be useless. My wife (a doctor) contacted the author on DNUK, but reply came there none.
on 12 June 2013
Great Product and a great costumer service at a great price what more can you ask for, i would recommend it to a friend and i would buy again, thank you.
on 25 August 2014
Not good as it was photocopied and x-rays were not even clear!
on 3 February 2015