Customer reviews

on 7 June 2014
I wish I'd had this textbook a year ago when I started A&E. All my colleagues covet it - I started out keeping it at work to read in breaks or quiet moments but found it was always taken!

Very nicely laid out, readable both as a reference or to dip into. For example, I like the box at the end of each chapter highlighting any controversies. Gives both UK and Australian perspectives.
on 20 July 2010
I'd say this book is, and is increasingly becoming a mainstay for Post-grad study of Emergency Medicine and a useful reference text for Undergraduate (especially for Resus, Suturing, Acute Medicine and Tox)

I use it for Home study and think it complements online resources such as EMRAP, EMCORE and College Websites as well as Textbooks such as OHCM and OHEM.

I'd buy this if you are thinking about doing ED in the future especially as a Registrar.

Enjoy this Excellent Text which is easier to read than Rosen or Tintinalli
on 16 August 2004
Cameron: Textbook of adult emergency medicine, 2nd ed.
A major postgraduate textbook in emergency medicine. A comprehensive textbook of adult emergency medicine for trainee doctors - covers all the problems likely to present to a trainee in the emergency department and all problems that are less likely to present in the emergency department. Chapters are short and concise with text boxes featuring controversial areas of treatment. I truly love this book; if emergency medicine is your interest then this book comes highly recommended.
on 22 August 2013
Lacking in some detail for wider study but a good overview of most ED topics appropriate for the ACEM exams
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse