Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

The Royal Ranger (Ranger's Apprentice Book 12)
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 July 2014
This book is by far one of the best books I have read. I love this book as the author John Flanagan has made the characters so love able and interesting that you can't help but feeling the same emotions that they do. Therefore as the characters are so loved it creates a certain intimate
Relationship with the story and the world they all live in.

As for people who say the first four books in the series are the only decent books I disagree entirely as my thoughts on the topic are that the further on you get in the series the more you are connected with the characters of the story which in turn makes the books better on some level.

This review was made to be helpful and informative about the rangers apprentice books and series and how I believe they are an excellent read for all ages. As for me I hope John Flanagan keeps writing more of this series and also of the Brother band series which I would defiantly check out if you are a fan of rangers apprentice.

I hope this has been helpful if so like it and I will see you in my next review.
Tar ra!
on 27 August 2015
An amazing book, it was quite different from the rest of the series, but was no less funny, exiting or addicting for it. It chronicles the "late days" of the ranger corps, with all the characters changed in some way, and new ones added in.

It was suspiciously similar to the first book, but in my opinion it was a cleaner throwback the the past. The first part of the book was a good humored, if slightly predictable introduction and preparation( both for the reader and the characters) while the second is a sad but highly exiting and enjoyable minor crime, investigation and battle that somehow feels just as big as army's facing off.
Love the series, u have to read it
on 23 November 2014
I absoltely LOVED this book. I have read the whole heart-wrenching series.They somehow reached into my soul, and manged to touch my heart. Couldn't get enogh of it. Best book series I have ever read. I recommend it highly. You have GOT to read it.
on 30 October 2013
12th in an intriguing adventurous series written for teens. As a great gran I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. Enjoyed the warped geography of places I could identify, almost. Real page turners.
on 30 March 2016
This is my favourite book from the Ranger's Apprentice series,along with the Ruins of Gorlan and the Icebound Land.
In this one(spoiler here!),Alyss is killed,and Will is bent on revenge.Too distract Will,Maddie(or Princess Madlyn(some-
thing like that))is sent too become Will's apprentice.
But Gilan sends Will and Maddie on a mission,but when they return,it seems Will is going too have an apprentice
for another four years.
on 29 June 2014
Read this book in a weekend could not put it down. Its the last book in the series and i read them all. Just hope the author writes another soon x
on 30 September 2014
Very much like the other books. Themes of love, friendship, honour, team work but with added extras, good to see women and girls treated like proper characters and succeeding in the world. Also deals with death and grief, which is good for children to read. Usual great story and characters, love this series
on 18 October 2013
just loved it, it was a good follow on to the other eleven books. i would recommend all the Ranger books to all age groups, I am nearly sixty and really enjoyed every book. I will be reading them again soon.Once you start you will not stop till you have read every one.
on 16 September 2015
Excellent read, even though the ending of the story told was somewhat rushed, it did not detract from the thorough enjoyment of the book itself. A fabulous series for all to enjoy, and a great way to get youngsters into the wonderful world of literature.
on 13 March 2014
John Flanagan once again has created an inspirational piece that consumes you in a tale of mysteries and awe, the entire series is also up to such a high quality. I have read many books in my time but few are as good as those created by John flanagan