Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 February 2003
Mum Minder

What was the book about?
The book is about a young girl called Sadie. She is nine years old and her mum is a childminder. Sadie’s mum gets the flu one day and isn’t able to mind the children. So the parents of the children call a meeting at Sadie’s house and decide who and when is which mum going to look after all the babies for one day. The children go on all sorts of adventures together and have lots of fun
What made you chose this book in particular?
I chose this book out of many others because I have read other Jacqueline Wilson books before and really enjoyed reading them! I think that all of her books have all been really hilarious, entertaining and lively.
Would you recommend this book to anyone?
Yes, I would recommend this book to all of my friends and family, if I was to give ‘The Mum Minder’ a mark out of ten then I would give it 10/10.
What was your favourite part of the story?
My favourite part of the story was when Gemma’s mum took all the children down to the Police Station and they all got to drive round in the Inspectors police car.
Who was your favourite character?
My favourite character was Sadie because she was kind and loving to her mum when she made her breakfast in bed. She is very well behaved in front of all the other mums and dads unlike some characters in the story I know.
on 29 March 2003
The Mum-Minder is a brilliant novel for budding writers as it shows that good stories don't just have to be about really extravagant things. The Mum-Minder is about a nine year old called Sadie and her mum who is a child-minder. Her mum comes down with the flu, so Sadie tries to take over. Sadie is only nine so she can't look after her, so the parents that she childminds for decided to take it in turns to take them to their work.They end up going from offices to chocolate shops. It's a brilliant novel that eveyone should read.
on 8 February 2015
You should have to be a uk and I would suggest that this book is a great to be a great deal of them are bridesmaids and I would have a kindle is a good idea of the music industry and rely good game and eye catching a great to see if the best farm e a good game and eye of up to the world and rely under 15pound the hole in our own site is a great to be a fugitive Rahm all the you can be nasty things that the world of it was the best of them all and rely on in our own internet explorer and rely on the hole in your area of a good idea that it is brilliant and I think risks with a good idea to do is a
on 10 November 2010
The mum minder is very good and humorous.
I liked the fact that the book was written in a diary format.
Sadie's mum was unfortunately very sick and Sadie had to step in and take over her job as a child-minder.
My favourite part is when Sadie gets to go to the chocolate shop with all the children.
I would recommend this book for all Jacqueline Wilson fans.
on 26 February 2000
Hi, I'm Emma and this is my favourite Jacqueline Wilson book. Sadie and baby Sara are sisters who's childminder mum becomes ill. The mums of the 3 babies Sadie's mum looks after decide to take it in turns to look after Sadie and the babies. Sadie looks after her mum and also helps look after the babies. The book is hilarious and entertaining and I especially liked the part when they go to the chocolate shop.
on 29 September 2015
My daughter is a big fan of JW - She liked Mum Minder as it was really funny all the way through the book. Having read the St.Clairs books, this book was of course a little different but definitely just as enjoyable.
on 13 December 1999
Sadie's Mum is a childminder, but then bad luck strikes, she becomes ill and Sadie has to mind the babies! This book tells the story of the adventures that Sadie gets up to when she does her Mum's job looking after the children. I really enjoyed this book and if you've read some of Jacqueline Wilson's books I'm sure you'll like this one too.
on 17 June 2002
the mum minder by jacqueline wilson is an hilarious tale told by sadie whos mum looks after some troublesome babies.
If there not screaming or moaning their drawing on walls and making a mess.so as you can tell all is going well up untill sadie's mum catches the flu and sadie and the babie's mums have to look after the babies and sadie has an extra chore of being a mum minder.
This story is brilliant i recommend it to all jacqueline wilson fans, seeing as i have only 2 more books to read and i've fineshed the collection. this one has a spark in it for definite my eyes got glued to every page.Its funny,cheery and emotional all the way through.
I gave this story a 4/5 in which it needs to be longer!
on 18 January 2014
Fab story about a young girl whose mum is ill. Her mum is a child minder so throughout the week of her mum's illness Sadie helps to look after the children and also her mum! Great book for young readers to read as the chapters are short and its easy to read! Another fun Jacqueline Wilson book!
on 9 March 2013
I think this is a fabulous book and it inspired me because Sadie was able to help her mum when she really needed her. The book gave me lots of laughs. I would recommend this book to children age 6 and over.